Eddie has one of the lowest fight IQ s

yekmurat

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
You cant stand and bang against longer reach guys with better striking...He did it against Conor too...

It's like Eddie goes out there with a point to prove vs certain guys and sometimes it goes his way, sometimes it doesn't

If there is a guy who is on the potential CTE list by 45 Eddie is definitely on it

You cant stand and bang against longer reach guys with better striking...He did it against Conor too...

He is tough as Nails..

He is very skilled.

He is Incredibly hardworking

and YES... sometimes HE IS DUMBER THAN DIRT IN FIGHTING..

maybe that toughness and Strength/conditioning...BLIND HIM?

He sure does NOT adapt or fight Smart...............Darn

He is tough as Nails..

He is very skilled.

He felt in love his toughness but you are chasing the gold not a journeyman so as my signature says Dont go hard go smart...

He is tough as Nails..

He is very skilled.

does make for exciting fights though.

He felt in love his toughness but you are chasing the gold not a journeyman so as my signature says Dont go hard go smart...

Amen Brother..

AND

The older you get...YOU BETTER GET SMARTER or you will fukn die

does make for exciting fights though.

FACT....sorta... I get tired of DumbShit..

for example ..I hate watching Diego Sanchez fight..... sad...becoming tragic imo

That Said.

One of my favorite fight of all time was Diego vs Diaz.

Like 2 TomCats going at it.. attack ,defend ,attack,defend.

Amazing Grappling skill at high speed. Beautfiul to watch For Me

I was thinking the same thing. Why didn’t he shoot when he was hurt? Instead he started swinging widely.

But then again, who am I? Eddie won a title in every organization he’s fought in.

images

he doesn't have skills to get inside of longer fighter. he is like punching bag. he only fights well against the guys who close the distance like rda, gaethje. other than that he is just mediocre nowadays

If there is a guy who is on the potential CTE list by 45 Eddie is definitely on it
The likelihood for a guy like Eddie to not already have CTE accumulating in his brain is, in my opinion, close to zero. Various studies have reportedly found CTE markers from the brains of individuals who have done contact sports at a very casual level and for a short time-period only (6~ months in some cases).

CTE shouldn't be thought of as a binary condition where someone either has it or not like some generic brain injury caused by trauma to the head, but more like a degenerative disease that progresses further and further, but in a very non-linear fashion. It is closer to Alzheimer's than it is to brain injury, and the symptoms manifest in both unique ways and on a unique timeline based on the individual in question.

I probably come off as a nitpicky assburger with this monologue that your post absolutely didn't warrant, but I just feel like CTE is a serious and a confusing enough phenomenon by it's own right that it's necessary to clear up misconceptions that most people have about it.

He ALWAYS fought like that. He is not an unskilled slugger but has very good skills. But its just his way of fighting and it has elevated him to the absolute elite of his weightclass for years. One of the hardest workers in practice.

From the very beginning he had a tendency to overcommit. It is as much character as fight style at this point. Watch his fight vs. Hellboy many years ago f.e. You cannot always change a fighter for the better. With Eddie thats how he gets the best out of himself in the octagon and his weakness was also his strong point in other fights like : never gives up, insance pace, always pressuring. This can break a lot of fighters.

Because of his style his prime ended in Bellator even before his final fight (imo he lost to Chandler). Its just a very demanding fight and training style for your body.

He has one of the best resumes all time at LW.

Maybe. But I love alvarez’s fights so I have to disagree

he just needs to follow his game plan.Talk about low fight IQ Remember when Rich Franklin tried to give Serra advice on tuf? best thing ever

I'd say hes the gatekeeper of the division

It's not surprising. Eddie got hurt in almost every fight in Bellator just like Nick did in Strikeforce. He hasn't changed much at all but he actually did better in this fight compared to the first.

he just needs to follow his game plan.Talk about low fight IQ Remember when Rich Franklin tried to give Serra advice on tuf? best thing ever

Franklin had the much better career. Maybe Serra should have listened. Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back