Media Edmen Shahbazyan KO AJ Dobson GIFS

Edmen hype was pretty big before the wheels fell off.

Getting rocked recovering and finding a finish in the same round is impressive considering Edmen had massive cardio issues in the past.
If the UFC doesn't throw him into the deep end again I think his power and striking IQ might be enough to get himself into the rankings but he still needs in cage experience to develop those skills imo.

All I'm advocating for is give Edmen a couple winnable fights like Eryk Anders instead of some nightmare matchup like Chris Curtis or Caio Barralho

He could very well still have massive cardio issues. It was one round regardless of getting hurt or not. He usually falls off in the 2nd or 3rd.

He could very well still have massive cardio issues. It was one round regardless of getting hurt or not. He usually falls off in the 2nd or 3rd.
Getting hurt the way he did would’ve forced him to gas in the past imo. Guys like Amir Makhani and Terrance Mackinney are examples of guys who never learned how to fight calm and once adversity came their way they just gassed worse and worse.

I do agree those issues can still be present but I think this fight was a promising sign that instead of just being a round of hell and power Edmen is becoming more calm and complete to hopefully fight for 3 effective rounds.

I keep hearing Edmond almost got himself KO'd multiple times.

when the ref steps in and calls it off it's a TKO..

So when the ref doesn't step in and they keep fighting, or the guy continues to beat the other guy to death, its a KO?

I don't think I've ever witnessed a KO, thankfully.

EdmundEdmund's protege

He wasn’t rocked, maybe got hurt by a punch. Rocked is when your legs buckle and you’re in danger of getting finished which he wasn’t. Rocked guys don’t move forward and still trade shots lol
Come on buddy I watched the fight plus the slow mo replay. His legs definitely buckled but he recovered well. Many fighters still trade after getting hurt. Never seen Justin Gaethje fight?

you made 30k from betting on mma? damn well done sherbro

impressive
Over about 10 years mind you, I'm not betting huge amounts outside of the ~biannual grand on a fight i'm "sure" of, but I love the challenge and the tension watching the fight. A come from behind KO feels so much better if it pinches you $50 or $100.
Always bet responsibly and never use money you don't care about dropping out of a hole in your pocket!

when the ref steps in and calls it off it's a TKO..
Not necessarily.

If a fighter is incapable of continuing, that's a KO. If they could theoretically continue but the referee has seen enough, that's a TKO.

Back