*Edson Barboza Vs Daniel Hooker: Who gets it?*

Depends on which Barboza he fights. Barboza sometimes looks like he’s out to kill, other times he looks like he doesn’t want to hurt his opponent. I wish he was always going for that nasty KO.

Hooker will outstrike the striker.

I like Barboza a lot but The HANGMAN winning would be a lot better for the division.
Same here...it’ll be suck to see barboza take more damage, but I want to see dan get to the top.

Hangman all day, CKB has been on fire lately

Agreed with CKB being on tilt. Is it the coaching, or is it just they snagged some elite talent and are rolling with it ala SBG with McNuggets?
I'd like to know a bit more about the gym and those big islander coaches i see cornering all the CKB fighters. Might see what is out there on them.

I think Barboza takes it barring a flash ko. He's a flawed fighter but I think people forget how good he is.

Agreed with CKB being on tilt. Is it the coaching, or is it just they snagged some elite talent and are rolling with it ala SBG with McNuggets?
I'd like to know a bit more about the gym and those big islander coaches i see cornering all the CKB fighters. Might see what is out there on them.

I think it's a combo of both. Izzy, Dan, Kai, all those guys are very talented and have been on the grind for a long, long time. But from the way they tell it, their head coach Eugene Bareman is a genius. From the few interviews I've seen with him, he seems like a very switched on dude with a real mind for MMA.

So basically it's exactly what you want; talented fighters, training together sharpening each other, under the tutelage of someone smart who's helping them train the correct way.

It's actually pretty nuts that such a small gym from a small country has developed the amount of talent it has.

Edson is allergic to pressure. Hooker is more of a hang-back, out-feint them and then catch them with intercepting strikes, ala Burns or Marc Diakaise.

I say if Hooker can learn to fight aggressive, then he wins the fight. Otherwise, giving Edson distance to work is just a bad idea

Hooker fought SUPER aggressive against Jim Miller. Basically never took a backwards step.

Of course, there's a very big difference in pressuring Miller and pressuring Barboza, but my point is that Dan can fight aggressively when he wants.

I think Dan pressures Barboza against the cage and takes him out with his boxing, but Dan's also had a history of being too comfortable taking damage, and that's not a game you want to play against Barboza.

Barboza has taken a couple of beatings his last few times out, I'm interested to see how he looks. I'm gonna go with Hooker. Barboza is hittable and Hooker has legit knockout power. Hooker is on a roll lately and if he wins here he's probably going to get a big fight at the Melbourne card in February.

Hooker gonna clean that clock. Feel bad for Barboza. He deserves a more favorable match up after those maulings.

Heart says Barbosa, head says Hooker. Should be a great scrap!

This fight will show if Hooker is one of the elite or not.

Hate when two guys I like go at it, but going with the hotter of the two for this one. And you can resist a hot Hooker.

I think it's a combo of both. Izzy, Dan, Kai, all those guys are very talented and have been on the grind for a long, long time. But from the way they tell it, their head coach Eugene Bareman is a genius. From the few interviews I've seen with him, he seems like a very switched on dude with a real mind for MMA.

So basically it's exactly what you want; talented fighters, training together sharpening each other, under the tutelage of someone smart who's helping them train the correct way.

It's actually pretty nuts that such a small gym from a small country has developed the amount of talent it has.
Nice one mate. I'm keen to hear more about him and the gym. Might hunt down some interviews.

People act like Barboza has been getting finished by terrible fighters. He’s lost 2 fights against the best in the world.

bro u going for any finishes or decision?

Id be more confident in Hooker getting a finish than Lee getting a finish TBH

Just going to bet on them getting the W... not going to predict the round or finish.

Bit safer :p

Back