Edwards vs Woodley could honestly be another repeat of Romero vs Adesanya

Portland8242

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Lord knows Tyron doesn't employ any sort of forward pressure and Leon is quite agile with very evasive footwork. Honestly I bet we're in for another staring contest.

So is this supposed to be a #1 contenders fight or what? I really haven't thought about this fight at all to be frank (no mir)

So is this supposed to be a #1 contenders fight or what? I really haven't thought about this fight at all to be frank (no mir)

If Edwards wins he deserves a title shot. If Woodley wins then he should fight Colby to see who gets the title shot. No reason why Woodley should get the short path back to the title when he humiliated himself the last time out.

It's nothing like the same thing.
Sure Woodley vs Maia was the worst title fight for a long time until Adesanya vs Romero happened but Edwards isn't going to stand about and not punch.
Edwards will pressure Woodley so he'll have to fight or he'll lose.

Yeah it'll most likely be a snoozer, unless we see a big KO from T-Wood. Edwards is a very good fighter but he can be incredibly boring.

You're still going to watch

It's nothing like the same thing.
Sure Woodley vs Maia was the worst title fight for a long time until Adesanya vs Romero happened but Edwards isn't going to stand about and not punch.
Edwards will pressure Woodley so he'll have to fight or he'll lose.

Edwards is no Usman/Colby and he's not going to smoother Woodley by outworking him. He's going to pressure him the same way Wonderboy pressured Woodley, and Woodley doesn't need to fear that pressure. With the time to think and read his opponents he can pick his moments to explode and destroy.

5 rounds of Woodley pressed against the cage.

I don't think so. Edwards will pressure Woodley and try to pick him apart, and Woodley's 'explosiveness' will add a lot of tension.

I could see it being boring if it turns into a wall-and-stall fight though. I hope not lol.

I expect Edwards to look implement a game plan like Macdonald did.
He's got to batter Woodley a bit before he can wrestle or else he's going to get timed and stuffed everytime. Edwards should have the boxing and cardio to take this, if he shows up gunshy like Till did he's probably getting starched in the first 2 rounds though

Woodley was slamming Usman for his D2 wrestling credentials and then proceeded to get out wrestled.

His ego is going to implode once he gets out wrestled by an English guy.

no, but expect Cejudo vs Aldo be similar to izzy vs romero. similar in many ways.

Edwards is no Usman/Colby and he's not going to smoother Woodley by outworking him. He's going to pressure him the same way Wonderboy pressured Woodley, and Woodley doesn't need to fear that pressure. With the time to think and read his opponents he can pick his moments to explode and destroy.

Hmmm sure about Usman/Covington but not so sure about the Wonderboy comparison, he doesn't fight on the inside.
It's not like Edwards doesn't throw strikes and he can trow from range or in the clinch. How good the fight is or isn't is down to what Woodley does. You pretty much know what Edwards is going to do.

One thing that will be different is the crowd. A London crowd is going to be booing a hell of a lot earlier and louder than the Vegas one did for Adesanya vs Yoel. Not that that probably makes much difference but you never know.

I doubt it and hope it isn't anything like Romero/Adesanya. Edwards is going to do what he does and bring some pressure. This may cause Woodley to be more active in his counter. Who knows for sure but hopefully it will have more activity.

Back