No Spoilers Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree DLC (21 June 2024)

Can't wait to perfect this boss and make a character called "Let Me Solo Him"

Elden Ring Hero 'Let Me Solo Her' Says Shadow of Erdtree DLC May Finally End His Relentless Malenia Killing​

Apparently the DLC access point is in Mohg the blood boss room. I forget how to even get there lol

its that mohgwyn palace area. on that other side of that area where you farm the giant bird and all the albinaurics near the site of grace for a filthnasty amount of runes. probably the best and most efficient rune farming area in the game. after a while i wouldnt even bother with the giant bird i would just wreck the albinaurics with the starscourge greatsword and its special ability and then rest up and fuck their shit up some more. i spent a fair amount of time doing that on my first 3 playthroughs. i'm at level 292 and those albinaurics are probably where most of my levelling came from lol

probably one of the more annoying bosses. there's actually a way to glitch it so you can defeat it without actually fighting the boss.

there used to be an even cheesier and easier way to take out the boss without fighting it, but i'm pretty sure they fixed it in a patch. you could jump up to the walls around the boss room but not actually go in, and then do a bunch of platforming somewhere and it would give you the boss kill after you jumped into the room or something.

my next runthrough is gonna be a no mimic run. and i'm not looking forward to the mohg encounter. melania wasn't so bad until the 3rd runthrough. then the struggle became real. probably took me about 25-30 attempts to finally off that bitch, but the rest of the bosses never gave me much of any grief. but i'm a straight up fucking tank and i'd always use a mimic tear. i think i'll do one last adventure and then save the 5th for the DLC.

Last edited:
Stoked to hear the DLC will take on the leveling system from Sekiro. You’ll have to power up your character by defeating bosses and gaining power levels.

You can’t just go in and steamroll it with an overpowered character.

Already pre ordered (obviously). Started a new game a few weeks ago, mostly out of boredom, but damn I love this game. My favorite game of the last 5 years, definitely in my top 10 of all time. My only real issue and I maintain this after my recent experience, I think the game peaks at the Capitol and its mostly downhill after that. It becomes much more linear and there's an obvious difficulty spike once you hit the mountaintops. But still just a magnificent game all around.

Stoked to hear the DLC will take on the leveling system from Sekiro. You’ll have to power up your character by defeating bosses and gaining power levels.

You can’t just go in and steamroll it with an overpowered character.

I didn't know this. Damn that's crazy.

I didn't know this. Damn that's crazy.

Yeah I think it’s an awesome change, especially for a DLC where leveling can make it tricky.

In an interview with Famitsu (translated by Reddit user theangryfurlong), Miyazaki said in addition to the normal rune-based leveling system, you'll also have a Sekiro-like "attack power" stat unique to the DLC areas. Presumably, raising it will make you do more damage on top of the stats you already have.

Miyazaki said the system was added to replicate the freedom you had in the base game to explore and level up before tackling the bosses, and he specifically says it'll allow you to "more easily experience this even in the high-level range."

Yeah I think it’s an awesome change, especially for a DLC where leveling can make it tricky.
I hope they're not trying to please too many people. It kind of sounds like an extra crutch for all the new players who aren't prepared for Fromsoft's usual DLC spike in difficulty, which would be a shame because it's a rite of passage.

I hope they're not trying to please too many people. It kind of sounds like an extra crutch for all the new players who aren't prepared for Fromsoft's usual DLC spike in difficulty, which would be a shame because it's a rite of passage.
I think Sekiro is their hardest game so I don’t see it being a problem.

Sounds the opposite of a crutch to me, and rather a way to make the DLC tougher for overpowered characters.

All future From Software Games should take the Sekiro formula of not having any levels. Makes balancing more manageable and gives the player more of a challenge.

Sounds the opposite of a crutch to me, and rather a way to make the DLC tougher for overpowered characters.
I wouldn't mind that. Maybe I'm just misreading their intent but it sounds like another way to strengthen your character besides the normal leveling system.

All future From Software Games should take the Sekiro formula of not having any levels. Makes balancing more manageable and gives the player more of a challenge.
Yeah that would be cool. It would also mean Fromsoft doesn't have to design enemy and boss moves that are challenging to overleveled characters... because they sometimes can be unfair. I'm thinking of status effects and attacks that can't be avoided that just destroy you at low levels. In contrast, Sekiro is more skill based and very fair at all levels.

Can one of you Tarnished enlighten me on how the Okami system will be applied to our chars who've existed for 100s of hours outside any such system?

Maybe that's an unknown still but I don't understand exactly what happens to my char when I take the eye of a blood-drunk hunter to Cathedral Ward or whatever I have to do.

Are all chars down-levelled to lvl n to even the playing field?

Hard agree with Baize that this is a very smart way for From to manage power economy and for meta builds, to retard power creep. Just don't want anything messing with me boy. They grow up so fast, lol.

Can one of you Tarnished enlighten me on how the Okami system will be applied to our chars who've existed for 100s of hours outside any such system?

Maybe that's an unknown still but I don't understand exactly what happens to my char when I take the eye of a blood-drunk hunter to Cathedral Ward or whatever I have to do.

Hard agree with Baize that this is a very smart way for From to manage power economy and for meta builds, to retard power creep. Just don't want anything messing with me boy. They grow up so fast, lol.
I'm probably overreacting. Although the way this game has exploded in popularity makes me nervous ngl. I don't want to see them sell out to appease their shareholders and other corporate overlords, especially given the state of the gaming industry atm. It's inevitable that the bigger Fromsoft becomes, the less likely they will be to risk that success.

alright, going for my 4th journey now. praise the sun!

aiming for a no-summon run this time as i'm already overlevelled for this shit and using my mimic tear felt a little dirty the last 2 times around. except for melania. i've had about enough of her bullshit on my 3'rd run that i'm gonna shamelessly cheese the fuck out of her this time around any way that i can.

i put the game down for a year and a half. dont really remember much of where im going or what i'm doing anymore. gonna take me a while to git gud again.

Last edited:

i have no idea how the new sekiro based dlc power level system works either. all i know is that ive already farmed enough albinaurics until my eyes bled, and now i'm an overlevelled destruction machine that lays waste to anything that even dares to look at me the wrong way.

i dont know what to expect but it would feel a little weird walking into a dlc zone and then smashing the first petty little enemy that i see 10 times with my starscourge greatsword as it still continues to remain alive. i would feel like that uber jacked level 99 big and burly paladin walking into a new rpg zone and learning how to cook

Last edited:
But none for Sekiro ???

loneteartricklingdownymycheek.gif

Back