Elon Musk Agrees to $44b Deal for Twitter

How are Musk fanatics here not realizing what is happening at Twitter? The thing is weeks away from insolvency, and with the recent exodus, might not be able to be revived.
Imagine being reduced to 10-20% of your original workforce within DAYS. How do you make up for that?
It isn’t because they aren’t realizing it, it is because there bias due to him being the champion incel of anti-wokeness has been ingrained into here own personality so deep, that a failure of Elon is a failure of themselves.

What a mess. The nuthuggers will probably say Musk meant to tank Twitter because it was a liberal circle jerk. Actually I’m sure they’re already saying that.

Whiney entitled babies are being whiney and entitled on the bird app.

This is what happens when you can't spank participation trophies.

Fhz3rNKUcAIVh-M

Elon might set a record for running a multi-billion-dollar company to the ground in less than a month. The implosion has been spectacular to say the least.

1. Laid off half the staff, based on volume rather than quality of output.
2. Told everyone to get back to office with less than a week's notice.
3. Fired employee who disagreed with him in public.
4. Inform anyone not working "hardcore" late hours at office they're jobless.
5. Closes the actual office so people coming back have nowhere to go.

Twitter has told employees that the company's office buildings will be temporarily closed, effective immediately.

In a message seen by the BBC, workers were told that the offices would reopen on Monday 21 November.

It did not give a reason for the move.

The announcement comes amid reports that large numbers of staff were quitting after new owner Elon Musk called on them to sign up for "long hours at high intensity" or leave.

Elon Musk: Twitter closes offices until next week - BBC News

Last edited:
I think people should wait all this out. I get Elon is likely making some dumb decisions the past month or so but it’s hard to really judge until I see where things are say a year or five years after. Of course massive layoffs, drastic policy changes, etc are going to look crazy but months from now it might not. I say wait and see.

I think people should wait all this out. I get Elon is likely making some dumb decisions the past month or so but it’s hard to really judge until I see where things are say a year or five years after. Of course massive layoffs, drastic policy changes, etc are going to look crazy but months from now it might not. I say wait and see.
That's if they manage to keep the lights on.

He gutted all the critical infrastructure teams. Twitter's internal messaging app is malfunctioning already, and some expect the whole thing to go down in the coming days.

The thing about social media is that users don't come back once they moved on.

Pick a side, coward

That's if they manage to keep the lights on.

He gutted all the critical infrastructure teams. Twitter's internal messaging app is malfunctioning already, and some expect the whole thing to go down in the coming days.

The thing about social media is that users don't come back once they moved on.

Well yea, if the site goes down and doesn’t come up, we will know. I think people are just getting to ahead of themselves in saying it’s over when it isn’t. Definitely doesn’t look like it’s going to be some smooth transition though.

I don't care who runs Twitter I'll be sad to see it go if it tanks.

Pick a side, coward

What are the sides? I don’t really care much about Elon to want him to succeed or fail and I never got all that into Twitter. I think the side picking is what’s making the topic so bad.

What are the sides? I don’t really care much about Elon to want him to succeed or fail and I never got all that into Twitter. I think the side picking is what’s making the topic so bad.
Why are you in a war room thread about a topic you don't care about then? Wait and see yourself into a topic you wanna flame about innit

I don't care who runs Twitter I'll be sad to see it go if it tanks.
I couldn’t get into it. Always wanted me to sign up and I’d forgot my login and never feel like resetting it. Also, for what I’d use it for, I’d be better off with my time reading articles, books, etc then @soandso’s sassy hot take on x political topic. I think most of it isn’t useful. It’s like a forum but so big you don’t really get any true one on one in-depth conversations. Just one upping

Lol, he really is just a more successful version of Elizabeth Holmes, isn't he? I'm glad that more people are catching on.

Why are you in a war room thread about a topic you don't care about then? Wait and see yourself into a topic you wanna flame about innit

I said I don’t care about picking a side and the topic itself, I stated my piece about how the takes on all this are too anxious and looking short term. You didn’t like it. All good.

Back