Elon Musk Agrees to $44b Deal for Twitter

It’s hilarious. They always tend to spend the most time talking about people that they supposedly hate and care very little about. The outrage over losing their safe space on Twitter has been the gift that has kept on giving.

The reaction I’ve seen on twitter is like 95% laughing and joking around recent events. I think you must follow or seek out a lot of Karen content which says more about you than anything…

Last edited:
They were operating at massive losses(or do you think Musk caused all that?), and were testifying in front of congress every other week for a variety of reasons. Totally flawless.

Wave those pom poms, dork.
Is there a reason why you deleted the second sentence of his post, nerd?

"Build something incredibly popular that doesn't make money and wait for a moronic billionaire to buy it."

He's right. Parag Agrawal belongs in the shareholder value hall of fame. Twitter's former shareholder should be lining up to kiss hiss ass. He unloaded a money losing business on a manbaby addicted to it, at an outrageously overvalued price.

Looks like the majority so far are voting to reinstate Trump's account.

Damien, whats your take on this story as somebody who has worked for him?
Elon Musk’s track record as a boss is an endless scroll of impulse firings, retribution, tone-deafness on race — and the impregnation of a subordinate. https://www.latimes.com/business/st...kz_RhOLkEMcjaIcOD0A20OkU7y90KztCcslRusCCtrusI
Well I didn't work directly under him and I heard the factory in California had all sorts of problems with race and impulse firings.

A friend of mine was screwed over by Elon for a really high position he was promised a position in battery research. My friend is one a renowned and a leading lithium ion battery researcher. I can't get into the specifics because there are legal implications, but Elon was directly involved. It was an ego thing. Elon has the thinnest skin.

I rode the Elon wave for the longest time, but I got tired of constantly working 60 hours a week. I hardly saw my kids and I was miserable. When I was diagnosed with cancer, my doctor suggested I take time off work for treatments. It was the happiest I had been in years. That's when I realized I needed out.

I know people who got stiffed on severance when they got fired, and got fired for dubious reasons weeks before getting the final 50% of their vested stocks.

Last edited:
Looks like the majority so far are voting to reinstate Trump's account.
Trump is legally obligated to make his posts exclusive to Truth Social for 8 hours before he's allowed to post them anywhere else, so if he's allowed back on Twitter it will just be old Truth Social posts getting reposted.

Of course, since, Truth Social offices appear to be empty now, who knows if there is anyone even willing to attempt to hold him to this.

But Trump also doesn't want a site so closely associated with his brand to fail, adding to his long list of business failures.

He's in quite the pickle.

Trump is legally obligated to make his posts exclusive to Truth Social for 8 hours before he's allowed to post them anywhere else, so if he's allowed back on Twitter it will just be old Truth Social posts getting reposted.
What's the source on that?

I am finishing my master's degree in management sciences. I've worked in management consulting, and as a workforce manager.

Your analysis is dogshit

Very comparable experience to Elon. I take it back. Elon doesn't know what he is doing when running a company.

What's the source on that?
It was definitely in the terms and conditions/ investor presentations that I read. I ain't going through all that shit again, so this will have to suffice:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/tech...red-sticking-with-truth-social-now-hes-stuck/

In the agreement, Trump agreed to make his posts exclusively available on Truth Social for eight hours before he could share them elsewhere. The agreement offered exceptions for “political messaging, political fundraising or get-out-the-vote efforts,” which he could do anywhere at any time.

"Political messaging" seems vague enough that he could technically get away with tweeting a bunch of shit on Twitter without having to wait 8 hours, though.

I think not wanting Truth Social to fail is probably of far more importance to him than sticking to any legal agreement.

He was the founder of PayPal, Zip2, Starlink, and the face of Tesla and SpaceX. Hard to make a case that this guy knows nothing about the internet and awesome tech. He’s much smarter and knows a lot more about this than most all of his critics. There may be some bumps, but I’m betting Twitter will change (maybe dramatically) for the better.
PayPal was originally established by Max Levchin, Peter Thiel, and Luke Nosek in December 1998 as Confinity, a company that developed security software for hand-held devices.
The first digital payments version of Confinity was launched in 1999. By that time, a remarkably similar platform called x.com had come into being. X.com was founded by Musk, Harris Fricker, Christopher Payne and Ed Ho. Musk served as the x.com CEO.
In 2000, the two digital payments firms got merged with each other. However, combining the two firms did not turn out out be very successful. Elon Musk took over as the CEO in April 2000 and was fired in October 2000.

now lets do Tesla
The company was incorporated as Tesla Motors, Inc. on July 1, 2003, by Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning.[12] Eberhard and Tarpenning served as CEO and CFO, respectively.[13] Eberhard said he wanted to build "a car manufacturer that is also a technology company", with its core technologies as "the battery, the computer software, and the proprietary motor".[14]

Ian Wright was Tesla's third employee, joining a few months later.[12] In February 2004, the company raised $7.5 million in series A funding, including $6.5 million from Elon Musk, who had received $100 million from the sale of his interest in PayPal two years earlier. Musk became the chairman of the board of directors and the largest shareholder of Tesla.[15][16][13] J. B. Straubel joined Tesla in May 2004 as chief technical officer.[17]

I will give him this..dude knew the right place to put his money but let’s not confuse a good venture capitalist and an innovative genius.. musk buys..he doesn’t make.

when the brains of musk are involved he either gets fired,voted by shareholders to be fired (tesla 2018) or tanks 44 billion dollar companies.

Very comparable experience to Elon. I take it back. Elon doesn't know what he is doing when running a company.
Find me an article from a credible business analyst claiming he's killing it with these moves.

He should honestly just start Twitter Soy for all the lefties crying about Twitter dying cause people need to actually work now. Think it would do quite well

don't you understand that that is exactly what he wanted?

Twitter:
Twitter has 237.8 million monetizable daily active users (mDAU) as of Q2 2022
10,000 employees

WhatsApp
2 billion users
54 employees
Please do educate the thread on the differences between designing and maintaining a private messaging app and designing and maintaining an entire social media platform. You sound like an expert on this matter.

Lmao at this doofus “asking” this question. He just wants people to pay attention to him and suck his dick. He already knows he’s gonna let him back(and the result of the poll), probably would have done it sooner if it wasn’t for Trump shit talking Musk.

Find me an article from a credible business analyst claiming he's killing it with these moves.
i mean wouldn't his status as the richest man in the world count for more than what someone worth a thousand times less than him says?

PayPal was originally established by Max Levchin, Peter Thiel, and Luke Nosek in December 1998 as Confinity, a company that developed security software for hand-held devices.
The first digital payments version of Confinity was launched in 1999. By that time, a remarkably similar platform called x.com had come into being. X.com was founded by Musk, Harris Fricker, Christopher Payne and Ed Ho. Musk served as the x.com CEO.
In 2000, the two digital payments firms got merged with each other. However, combining the two firms did not turn out out be very successful. Elon Musk took over as the CEO in April 2000 and was fired in October 2000.

now lets do Tesla
The company was incorporated as Tesla Motors, Inc. on July 1, 2003, by Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning.[12] Eberhard and Tarpenning served as CEO and CFO, respectively.[13] Eberhard said he wanted to build "a car manufacturer that is also a technology company", with its core technologies as "the battery, the computer software, and the proprietary motor".[14]

Ian Wright was Tesla's third employee, joining a few months later.[12] In February 2004, the company raised $7.5 million in series A funding, including $6.5 million from Elon Musk, who had received $100 million from the sale of his interest in PayPal two years earlier. Musk became the chairman of the board of directors and the largest shareholder of Tesla.[15][16][13] J. B. Straubel joined Tesla in May 2004 as chief technical officer.[17]

I will give him this..dude knew the right place to put his money but let’s not confuse a good venture capitalist and an innovative genius.. musk buys..he doesn’t make.

when the brains of musk are involved he either gets fired,voted by shareholders to be fired (tesla 2018) or tanks 44 billion dollar companies.
so basically, he bought a small startup with a market cap of ........ ~100m

to turn it around into a 500B+ market cap company is another story

electric cars have been around since the 90's, to compete with the big 10, it takes a whole new level of comprehension on logistics. Tesla never started off as a self driving car, now it is. Getting a rocket to land on the propulsion side was an idea that existed for decades, Musk solved it, and that alone is a hell of an accomplishment.

Back