• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

EMMYS 2014:: Bryan Cranston or Matthew McConaughey? (Best Actor)

Peteyandjia

Spring Saku
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
Let's be honest.

Everyone else who was nominated was great, yeah yeah.

Everyone else can fuck off.

This year's Best Leading Actor Emmy, is going to be the Walter vs. Rust show.

That's it.

So, who takes it?

Who deserves it?

Walter "Heisenberg" White

"He is smarter than you, he is luckier than you."

- Jesse Pinkman

12-like.gif

WaltPhoneCall.gif

post-28706-Walter-White-final-scene-cinem-3IKn.gif

vs.

Rust "The Taxman" Cohle

"Rust would pick a fight with the sky."

- Detective Marty Hart

tumblr_n02qg1mBql1s89mq8o1_500.gif

200.gif

HeavyShit.gif

Last edited:
Love how TD could of took the easier road (mini series cats), but instead decided to go up against the other big shows.

Walter already has a few emmy's. I think they'll give this one to Matthew. He'll be the first guy to win an oscar and an emmy this close together I think?

Dunno. May be Ashton Kutchers year

Rust was a better performance than Walter in any season.

Walter already has a few emmy's. I think they'll give this one to Matthew. He'll be the first guy to win an oscar and an emmy this close together I think?

Maybe first guy, but Helen Hunt did it with As Good As It Gets/Mad About You in 1998, winning an Oscar, Emmy and a Golden Globe in the same year.

McConaughey in True Detective was not that groundbreaking. Stare off into space and look annoyed/confused.

If the Emmy is awarded to the actual best performance of 2014 it will go to Jon Hamm, but unfortunately it's more of a popularity contest these days, so it will probably go to McConaughey.

McConaughey in True Detective was not that groundbreaking. Stare off into space and look annoyed/confused.

I really liked him in the role, but you are absolutely correct.

If Cranston wins I'll be really disappointed, he was really over the top in the final season; his dial was stuck at eleven for every scene.

I really liked him in the role, but you are absolutely correct.

If Cranston wins I'll be really disappointed, he was really over the top in the final season; his dial was stuck at eleven for every scene.

Really? You're complaining that a guy who is basically running from everyone in the final season was "stuck at eleven"? Uhh, well, yeah, wouldn't you be?

Didn't know you had to be groundbreaking to win an Emmy. I thought you just had to act your part the best.

Didn't know you had to be groundbreaking to win an Emmy. I thought you just had to act your part the best.

I just don't think there was anything that exceptional about the role. It reminded me a lot of his role in dazed and confused ,to be honest.

McConaughey couldn't have done what Cranston did in Breaking Bad but Cranston could do what McConaughey did in True Detective.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsalaanx
Back