Endurance training for strength athletes

I like Vaida's writing and ideas, but he's clearly chemically enhanced and his claims of personal bests have has much truth as anything Herschel Walker says.

Last edited:
I could almost believe 4:51 or so for his mile but not 4:15, especially when its one of those "it wsnt a race, I was just training end ended up doing it" things...

The 5k and marathons are believable Hell I can run a 5k near that and I have beaten his marathon times by 40 minutes but that 4:15 mile and 7:28 1.5 mile is pretty suspicious.

I recall reading that Alex himself says he can't do both feats in same time frame. So either way, he focuses on one or the other more at different times.
Different story, but there was supposed to be some sort of games last August(similar to Crossfit, but more powerlifting I believe). Was run by Viada and Chaos,.., but it never happened, or I can't find anything out.
I've tried some of these methods, but to much for me, need more recovery!

Usual bodybuilder "knowledge" that is just wrong.
If you aren't even in shape then you can't possibly expect to recover optimally from strength training.

Yeah it's lame because his lifting totals are legit but he went overboard with the self promotion regarding his running claims. I mean I would still be interested if the guy was deadlifting 700lbs and to totaling 1800 while doing 330 marathons, 18min 5ks and finishing hard ultras but claiming 4:15 miles is just over the top.

I originally heard of him via Chad Smith's FB page, but he does talks with Juggernaut, so obviously there's some promotion. I read his articles before I got further into his personal PR stuff.

Yeah it's lame because his lifting totals are legit but he went overboard with the self promotion regarding his running claims. I mean I would still be interested if the guy was deadlifting 700lbs and to totaling 1800 while doing 330 marathons, 18min 5ks and finishing hard ultras but claiming 4:15 miles is just over the top.

His claims jump all over the place, including powerlifting. He's claimed to have an 800lb, 700lb, then 650lb raw squat at 220 with no evidence of it. I don't think he's done a powerlifting competition.

Just looking at the guy and you can see he has done very well in his training and there has to be some merit to it. That being said his level of insecurity it off the chart. I don't think he's lying, er exaggerating, because he's marketing; I think he feels he has to validate himself.

Of course your can be a strength athlete and "train endurance" on the side. And of course you can be "pretty damn strong" and not have horrible endurance.

But being really good, as in "relatively close to your genetic limit", at both at the same time? That's not happening.

I like running with people but all the group runs near me are at night and that's family time although I love running in the dark. I get one run a week in the morning with a friend but I find running by myself agonizing. Therefore I'm going to focus on a slow but consistent build up in miles and if I never get base I need to run a race at a certain speed I'll accept it. At least for now.

Back