England -Father battered to death with cricket bat by gang stealing his children's Bikes

In most of America the Dad would have taken his gun with him to confront the youth. He would be alive and the youth would likely have nothing more on their record than a petty theft. Now the Dad is dead and the youth are going to jail for many years.

Also I don't cherry pick articles. These are the articles that pop up on my newsfeed.
How did you type this without realizing how insane, and stupid, it sounds?

In America the kids would have guns too. The dad would've gotten shot.

Any sane person would just call the police, and let them deal with it. This is tragic, and I think the murderer should be sent away for life, but making sure everyone in the scenario has guns does nothing to solve the issue.

There will always be a criminal element. Arming them as well does absolutely nothing to stop tragedies from occurring.

Yeah cause that's how it aalllllways plays out in America.

Gun showdowns always end in the good guy winning.

Does that have to be case, or just that a potential victim has a better chance with a gun at defending themselves as opposed to not?

That's not literature. That's an anecdotal comparison of two countries' crime rates. Sure, showing a causal link between guns and homicide rates would be acceptable, though. (Again, I'll save you the trouble. No literature demonstrates that. So we can skip to the phase, where you start to save face.)
you consider comparing statistics as anecdotal, but you want "literature" instead?

you asked for evidence and I provided evidence, yet you refuse to accept it. just stop quoting me

Any data to support that claim, or are you just speaking out of your ass?
{<huh}

Data supporting the claim that guns are more dangerous than cricket bats?

That's like asking for data that shows Libertarians are less intelligent than pigs.

It's just common sense.

you consider comparing statistics as anecdotal, but you want "literature" instead?

you asked for evidence and I provided evidence, yet you refuse to accept it. just stop quoting me

You provided an anecdote. And not only did you provide an anecdote, but you provided an anecdote for a level of proof (correlation) subordinate to the requested level of proof (causation).

...Any other stupid rebuttals?

You have no idea? So is there any punitive consequence to breaking a law or not?
I dont think any nation is putting bullets in peoples heads for not giving up guns..... stop being so dramatic

{<huh}

That's like asking for data that shows Libertarians are less intelligent than pigs.

It's just common sense.

Shouldn't you be trying to trap cats or something?

I don't have to argue any benefit. You're the one that's proposing that people be locked in a cage and shot if they resist for choosing their means of self defense. That's your burden of proof psycho.

{<huh}

It's just common sense.

giphy.gif

Our society may or may not be crumbling, but our criminal justice system certainly is. Crime, especially violent crime, is at unprecedented levels, exacerbated by police officers stretched to breaking point by lack or resources and manpower.
thats what happens when the Tories cut police budgets and enact austerity that cripples communities

More reason why Scotland should push for indyref2 :D

I dont think any nation is putting bullets in peoples heads for not giving up guns..... stop being so dramatic

Who's being dramatic? What's at the other end of enforcing any law you dolt? A polite request?

Who's being dramatic? What's at the other end of enforcing any law you dolt? A polite request?
not a bullet in the head you overdramatic fuckstick

People that going around murdering fathers with cricket bats are not functioning members of society.
but again, who's to say that if guns were legal and the dad had one that the assholes that done this wouldnt also be carrying?

Im not sticking up for those cunts by any stretch, but legalising guns is not the answer

How are laws enforced then? By polite request?
in a civilised society people are arrested.... but I guess thats not how shit works in 'Murica is it?

{<huh}

It's just common sense.
People who claim pigs are smart do not own pigs. I currently have six, they are fucking dumb.

in a civilised society people are arrested.... but I guess thats not how shit works in 'Murica is it?

Great, so you agree that people would be locked in cages for choosing their means of self defense. Kidnapping is acceptable to you. Solid integrity on your part. How about murder though, if someone resists being thrown in a cage for choosing their means of self defense?

but again, who's to say that if guns were legal and the dad had one that the assholes that done this wouldnt also be carrying?

Im not sticking up for those cunts by any stretch, but legalising guns is not the answer
Perhaps not, but giving people a reasonable means of self defense has to be part of the answer. Assault crossbow maybe?

Back