Epic Beer Thread v30: Pumpkin Beers in August? WTF!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a great way to waste more money on beer.

http://www.beercapmaps.com/

I will be getting mine this month some time.

10177991_10206089122300036_2356105346607489043_n.jpg

I have a friend bringing me $100 worth of stuff from Asheville eoin. No idea what he is getting me, but I know he stopped at the funkatorium and burial so I'm pretty excited.

Psyched, Sam Adams Bonfire is back! Had it on tap tonight, also got to have a Spencer Trappist Ale (good but not worth the 12$ pour)

i've really only had lindeman's black cherry and strawberry if that counts -- was pretty decent from what I remember. I had Oude's something and hated it.

I've had bruery tart of darkness and while not a lambic that was just annoyingly sour

You will hate the cantillon if you didn't like Oude Gueuze/Kriek and you didnt like the tart of darkness...don't spend the money. It's going to be too sour for you.

You will hate the cantillon if you didn't like Oude Gueuze/Kriek and you didnt like the tart of darkness...don't spend the money. It's going to be too sour for you.

That sounds like good advice. I think I liked the idea of drinking sour beers but not the actual deed.

Picked up a few interesting beers recently -

HobbitBolgBeer-760x483.jpg

Hobbit Series- Belgian Tripel.
Made by one of the best breweries in Canada. The first Tripel I ever had (and remembered, anyhow) was made by them and I am pretty sure this is the same recipe. Awesome

69d88bbeb5605ca46274baf8fe78f5b0_320x320.jpg

These guys were voted BC's best brewery their first year open, and in their second year now won Canadian Brewery of the Year. This is one of the reasons why. Creative and exceptionally tasty beers.

beer_153574.jpg

Had this yesterday. Pretty good, but compared to some of the stellar beers I've enjoyed lately it was a bit meh. I guess high expectations can fuck up the experience sometimes.

Grabbed the Stone Chai RIS too. I am gonna drink the fuck out of it and some 4 year old barley wine during the Glory Fights.

That sounds like good advice. I think I liked the idea of drinking sour beers but not the actual deed.

It's definitely not for everyone...it's not like, "Ahhh I could really use a beer after a long day! Lets pop open a lambic!" most of the time...I LOVE sour beers but have to be in the mood for them.

i've really only had lindeman's black cherry and strawberry if that counts -- was pretty decent from what I remember. I had Oude's something and hated it.

I've had bruery tart of darkness and while not a lambic that was just annoyingly sour

Except for their "Cuvee Rene" series all Lindemans lambics are sweetened

Happy Birthday Gabe.

Its National IPA Day!!!!

I have a friend bringing me $100 worth of stuff from Asheville eoin. No idea what he is getting me, but I know he stopped at the funkatorium and burial so I'm pretty excited.

My girl's dad just had a place built in Asheville. Can't wait to get down there for a visit.

The only thing from Asheville I've had was a Wicked Weed Amorous which I really enjoyed. I've heard Wicked Weed described as beginners sours before (which is where I am) but I really thought it was excellent.

Founders is in Cali, ya'll!

Tap Takeovers all over the place starting this Thursday.

Was just gonna post this. I wonder if we will get everything. KBS and Backwoods regularly would be tits.

Psyched, Sam Adams Bonfire is back! Had it on tap tonight, also got to have a Spencer Trappist Ale (good but not worth the 12$ pour)

That shit is like $18 for a 4 pack, and I've never heard a glowing review of it

Off to an Other Half tap takeover in London tonight;

1. All That and Then Some 9.5% - Imperial IPA w/ Equinox, Topaz & Simcoe

2. Superfun! 4.2% - Session Pale with Galaxy, Simcoe & El Dorado hops

3. Hop Showers 7.4% - IPA with Amarillo, Citra, & Ahtanum hops

4. IPA 7% - IPA with Simcoe, Centennial, Chinook, Summit & Cascade hops

5. Forever Ever 4.7% - Session IPA with Azacca, Jarrylo and Mosaic hops

6. All Green Everything 10.5% - Imperial IPA with Motueka, Amarillo, Mosaic & Citra

7. Still GREEN 7% - IPA with Lemondrop, Centennial, and Amarillo hops

8. Boogie Board Stuntz 4.7% - Kolsch with Mandarina Bavaria and Mosaic hops

9. Chardonnay Brett Saison 6% - Saison aged 8 months in Chardonnay barrels w/ Brett Brux

10. Canni’baal 4.9% - Saison fermented with Brett Brux Drei and Brett Claussenii

11. Golden Spelt 4.5% - Spelt saison 100% fermented with Brett Claussenii

12. Oat Junkie 6.5% - IPA collaboration with Tired Hands Brewing. 40% Oat malt IPA with honey, Hallertau Blanc, Citra and Experimental Hop 06300

13. Foodre Jooose #1 What Even Though 6.5% - Saison 100% fermented with Brett Claussenii with New York State Honey, rye malt and Nelson Sauvin hops

14. Galaxy IPA 7% - Galaxy single hop IPA

That shit is like $18 for a 4 pack, and I've never heard a glowing review of it

Yeah it's about an hour from me, just never got around to having it. It was good at being the freshest trueTrappist I'm ever going to have.

They're both seasonal so you should see them when they're in season hopefully!

Really excited about that. Nice to see big time brews being distributed further.

Spencer's is $20 a 4pk here in PA. I've been wanting to pull the trigger but can't justify it yet. Eventually, when my father will be around, I will.

Off to an Other Half tap takeover in London tonight;

1. All That and Then Some 9.5% - Imperial IPA w/ Equinox, Topaz & Simcoe

2. Superfun! 4.2% - Session Pale with Galaxy, Simcoe & El Dorado hops

3. Hop Showers 7.4% - IPA with Amarillo, Citra, & Ahtanum hops

4. IPA 7% - IPA with Simcoe, Centennial, Chinook, Summit & Cascade hops

5. Forever Ever 4.7% - Session IPA with Azacca, Jarrylo and Mosaic hops

6. All Green Everything 10.5% - Imperial IPA with Motueka, Amarillo, Mosaic & Citra

7. Still GREEN 7% - IPA with Lemondrop, Centennial, and Amarillo hops

8. Boogie Board Stuntz 4.7% - Kolsch with Mandarina Bavaria and Mosaic hops

9. Chardonnay Brett Saison 6% - Saison aged 8 months in Chardonnay barrels w/ Brett Brux

10. Canni’baal 4.9% - Saison fermented with Brett Brux Drei and Brett Claussenii

11. Golden Spelt 4.5% - Spelt saison 100% fermented with Brett Claussenii

12. Oat Junkie 6.5% - IPA collaboration with Tired Hands Brewing. 40% Oat malt IPA with honey, Hallertau Blanc, Citra and Experimental Hop 06300

13. Foodre Jooose #1 What Even Though 6.5% - Saison 100% fermented with Brett Claussenii with New York State Honey, rye malt and Nelson Sauvin hops

14. Galaxy IPA 7% - Galaxy single hop IPA

I go to pretty much every other half can release the last couple months

Hop showers is my #1 beer period.
all green everything is pretty good.

the rest I have not had

Funny how you can get this in Europe but I can't get any living 20 miles away from the brewery :(

I am 40 miles from Other half and i drive down there all the time.

Those Other Half beers look sensational. Never had anything from them...

I avoid driving to Brooklyn at all costs. I'll probably eventually make the trip though.

oh yeah, it sucks. They do releases on saturdays at 10 AM. Parking is ridiculous
but
if you get there at about 12 pm - 1 pm you can park right in front of the brewery and have no line and get in and out. The only time you would need to be there at 10 and stand in line is if they do green diamonds and all green everything together.

Those Other Half beers look sensational. Never had anything from them...

Yeah, they are pretty much all I drink now except for when I am slumming it and drinking hill farmstead and main beer co :p I would definitely put other half hop showes and citra over anything I have had from HF and MBC.

Their IPAs are top notch. I have plastic bins full of their beer. You would need someone to ship you stuff. Even in NY you might find some bars here and there with drafts and if they don't sell out of a can release within a week I think they send it to some nearby places to sell.

So, turns out Other Half shit the bed and sent a ton of old kegs over. Had a couple of thirds and left. Glad I got to try the real stuff at the brewery last month. Took a near month old can of Green Diamonds for a couple of friends to try and it shit on everything on tap.

Most epic double fist ever:

29nt1l3.jpg

Double Dobis 100% Citra DIPA 2 days out the fermenter from Cellarmaker, and West Ashley Apricot Sour from Sante Adarius.

So, turns out Other Half shit the bed and sent a ton of old kegs over. Had a couple of thirds and left. Glad I got to try the real stuff at the brewery last month. Took a near month old can of Green Diamonds for a couple of friends to try and it shit on everything on tap.

that sucks. Green Diamonds is a pretty good DIPA.

That's extremely weird...they're super hyped right now, how would they even allow kegs to get old?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back