Equitable and Fair Solution to the Jon Jones HW Debacle

lol, why can’t people accept that the UFC is gonna make Jones vs Stipe regardless of how bad fans want otherwise.

The fight is gonna happen and there’s a good chance we won’t see Jon fight Aspinal.

Just accept it
Thats OK...which is not is maintaining the belt around jons waist

When Jones retires the HW belt should be reitred too in his honour, eternal champion like a MMA Kim Ill Sung.

1. let jones heal
  2. let jones fight stipe
  3. let jones retire .
  4. let toms next fight be for the real HW belt

yall see how easy that was. everybody wins YAY. OMG.

its called patience guys.
unless yall about to expire in the next few months or so you can wait.
its not that serious. tom is still young and has time.
nuff said.
200.webp

This will take forever.

UFC are all in on this empty husk of a legacy fight because after all the Ngannou situation etc they want to be able to present Jones as the best ever, dominating 2 divisions etc. The division will basically have to wait til then and to see who retires and who does not for the 2-3 decent fighters left at HW to scrap it out for a paper title that holds no prestige anymore. It is a shambles

Should be Tom vs Stipe for the belt, Jones is hurt. He can fight the winner when he returns.
I would rather the active Heavies get the shot but this is definitely the only way Jon vs Tom has any chance of happening

Why are you talking about Stipe in number 1, and 3?

Jones’ injuries, etc aren’t Stipe’s fault or problem.

Horrible OP.
I like Stipe dude but it's just the truth, he shouldn't be fighting for the belt against anyone. If Jon and Stipe only want to fight each other, that's fine but not for the belt a year from now.

Jones is the champ. Have everyone else fight each other and the guy at the top fights jones.
No reason to strip him. Aspinalls title is ridiculous. Just scrap boys. Just scrap
That would be fine if they would give Stipe to Aspinall, and maybe he would take that fight, but they won't because Jones told them no, he wants Stipe all for himself.

The interim does his job and defend while the champ is out and the champ tries to unify the belts when he comes back.

This is a simple situation that the UFC decided to make a mess of because they have it in their head that Jones vs a 40 year old that doesn't even do media is some huge fight.

It doesn't help that they also conditioned their fans to see the IC as a regular #1 contender.

Theres no "debacle". The only people unhappy are Jones haters
That must be everyone except Jones, Dana, and three people on Sherdog because everywhere I look people are angry and disgusted at the situation

I hate stupid bullshit fights like stipe vs jones myself. If that fight is all about legacy and will lead to both fighters retiring they don’t need the hw title as a back drop. If it’s truly the best hw vs the best lhw then it doesn’t need title implications. Just make it a non title belt if it’s as big of a deal as the ufc makes it out to be

That must be everyone except Jones, Dana, and three people on Sherdog because everywhere I look people are angry and disgusted at the situation

Imagine all the pain and suffering in the world and being outraged about the UFCs HW division having 2 champions. What an outrage. I do not understand how you contain your rage.

I got an even better idea. it took me awhile to come up with but here it goes..... ok
  1. let jones heal
  2. let jones fight stipe
  3. let jones retire .
  4. let toms next fight be for the real HW belt

yall see how easy that was. everybody wins YAY. OMG.

its called patience guys.
unless yall about to expire in the next few months or so you can wait.
its not that serious. tom is still young and has time.
nuff said.

Yeah, “patience”. Jones 1 fight in 4 years and Stipe 0 fight the last 3 years. That’s 1 fight in 7 fight years. Both are aging. UFC is in the business to make money and fans wants entertainment. GTFO here with that parience. Wait for what? so one of them gets hurt again? Is your money at stake?

Theres no "debacle". The only people unhappy are Jones haters are they are going to be unhappy anyway cause Jones will never lose and thats what they want and will never get.

Jones will fight Stipe for the regular belt and retire. Aspinall will then be promoted to regular champion. I don't understand why this concept is so hard for people to grasp. As Jones himself said NO ONE IS FORCING ASPINALL TO NOT FIGHT. He can fight other HWs and get an interim title defense.

Ah yeah people who would like to see a champ fight a contender are Jones haters. Solid logic there bro.

lmao where talking about the greatest fighter ever
u haters still wont give him a pass?
why because of aspinall?
if aspinall wants legacy
he should wipe out 2-3 generations of fighters

but aspinal clearly doesnt want to right?
he should do what jon did if he wants to be the best
lmao

jones haters are angry jones gonna retire with the best resume
the hardest
Tom doesn't want any legacy atm, he just wants to fight for the title because he's the fucking interim champ. You're just like Jones, y'all both are scared Aspinall would beat his ass. That's why y'all keep making up all this nonsensical shit, comprende amigo?

If I am Tom, I'd go about my shit and just fight whoever they choose, get that win, get on that mic and say "I'm the best HW in the world and if that coward Jon Jones thinks he can beat me or is better than me, sign on the dotted line. If not, you know why, it's because I'm the god damn best HW today. Hey Jon, if you ever decide to get your balls out of your purse, I'll be waiting for you like the champion I am and I will defeat you inside this octagon and send you to the retirement home. You know, I know it and everyone who isn't helping you hold your balls firmly in your purse, knows it!"

Mic drop.

Make Tom vs Stipe will Jone recovers. Problem solved.

Jon Jones is running the show. He's obviously told UFC that he will consider not fighting again if they strip him or try to force him to fight someone other than Stipe. That's how much Jon is worth and how little a draw anyone else in the HW division is compared to him.

For a supposed leader in sport, both the sport and the organization seem to have hit a major wall. They're completely reliant on one man to sell a division and the guy they let walk is a boxer now.

Back