Erceg

Here's his last performance.

source.gif

I'm not sure about his ground skills. His boxing is great though

Much like volk, erceg was predominantly known for his grappling before the ufc. He's only become known as more if a striker in his last couple of fights. He's very well rounded. If you ask him, he'll tell you his grappling is his best asset.

I'm sure he's great.. that division just has no juice rn

Yup. That's my biggest problem

The flyweight division is so damn hollowed out. Erceg has one or two fights in ufc (right?) and he's fighting for a belt. I feel he got the shot after a cool KO
It’s bizarre for a second title defense to be the number 10 guy. At least DJ ran through all of the top 5 before fighting number 8 Chris Cariaso.

He has some skills but a title shot? How in the world did this guy skip the line so hard?

Considering how unhealthy Pantoja self admittedly felt during his last fight it seems like the weight cuts may be getting to him these days. Erceg has a lot of upside in this fight. Not a bad idea to throw a few bucks on him.

He's clearly got some skills/talents. But they(he) are entirely unproven at any sort of elite scale. He has a very distinct opportunity to change that however.

Back