Errol Spence JR vs Manny Pacquiao Aug.21st PBC FOX PPV

Winner?

• Total voters
Neither Spence or Pacquiao have fought anyone like each other. But one is in his prime and much bigger.

Cool little story with Naz. (Rip)

(He was always fun to listen too had a presence as well; was entertaining & full of great quotes on 24/7 Shane vs Floyd years ago).

In that bout, chivalrous Shane touching gloves every 2minutes; lol
Are we still pals, lil buddy?
Was prolly a good strategy.
images

Last edited:
Pacquiao has all the tools to pull off an upset. He's done it so many times before, there's just doubt now because of his age

Pacquiao's foot speed will definitely trouble Spence, it's just hard not to see Spence taking over at some point given Pacquiao tends to fight more in spurts now he's older. I think it's a winnable fight but he's definitely a big underdog.

I've been riding wit Spence since the beginning and I have him favored to win this fight because he does have to tools, youth and size to win this fight. Having said that the biggest question will be how much left does Pac have in the tank. If he is at least as good as he was against Thurman then this is going to be a REAL difficult fight for Errol and in many ways a trap fight. No question that Errol is the bigger and more youthful fighter which are definitely advantages, However, Errol will need to remain disciplined and fight intelligently the Entire fight or his two most obvious advantages will be used against him in devastating fashion. Pac is not a fighter you bully with size because he will chew you up with punches, and Errol may be younger but he is also vastly more inexperienced on this level of a boxing stage. I am riding with Errol but I honestly think Pac is going to ask some SERIOUS questions of Errol during this fight. Pac's experience and skill set pose some really good counters to the things Errol does well. Derrick James NEEDs to be on his game this fight. People have been minimizing Pacs threat since he lost to Horn and I'm hearing none of it.

Pacquiao has all the tools to pull off an upset. He's done it so many times before, there's just doubt now because of his age
It's a big ask, but Pac is a freak, we won't see another like him for a while, so if anyone can score an upset like that, its gonna be Pac. I'm of the belief Spence keeps moving forward after a spirited effort by Pac. But who knows? Manny might have further greatness to impose over the current crop of talent. His generation of welters was much more elite than this era imo

If it's good money then they'll do it. Nothing new here. He has his bad moments. These unifications happened and are good. Haymon was certainly not helping boxing in 2014 as it was one of the worst years in recent memory in boxing.

There are the same retards on the other side who say Arum is the worst. People just pick sides and dig trenches. It's pathetic.

The unified welterweight title fight will headline an August 21 Fox Sports Pay-Per-View event live from T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. The matchup of top welterweights was first revealed by Pacquiao (62-7-2, 39KOs) and Spence (27-0, 21KOs) through their respective social media pages

The unified welterweight title fight will headline an August 21 Fox Sports Pay-Per-View event live from T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. The matchup of top welterweights was first revealed by Pacquiao (62-7-2, 39KOs) and Spence (27-0, 21KOs) through their respective social media pages

This gonna be an $80 PPV isn't it

It's a big ask, but Pac is a freak, we won't see another like him for a while, so if anyone can score an upset like that, its gonna be Pac. I'm of the belief Spence keeps moving forward after a spirited effort by Pac. But who knows? Manny might have further greatness to impose over the current crop of talent. His generation of welters was much more elite than this era imo

Damn right he is. To put things into perspective the populations of Mexico, Puerto Rico, and the Philippines including all their diasporas haven’t been able to produce a fighter on his level in his life time.
He’s every bit the generational athlete that Messi and Ronaldo are, if not more.

The sport will be all the worse after he’s gone, which brings me too...

This gonna be an $80 PPV isn't it

... maybe. As long as the undercards not a shit show I’m paying to watch it. First off: I’m not proud to say that I’ve streamed some of Manny’s fights over the years. This might be the last big fight he has and I’m gonna watch it in all it’s glory. Fuck that.

And secondly even if Spence wins I’ll be a witness to history and a new star in the making.

But like I said: they at least have to try make a somewhat compelling undercard

This is just a talent agency being their typical rat selfs. Also Mikey Garcia has nothing to do with this.

The tldr is: Paradigm is a sports agency that manages McGregor. Recently they started to represent Mikey Garcia and were trying to get Pacquiao to sign a 4 fight deal which started with 2 fights in Saudia Arabia vs Garcia and McGregor. This was also all backed by DAZN. McGregor lost and set up a Porier 3 and Manny essentially bailed from this plan and went to sign a Spence fight. After Pacquiao left Garcia left the company too. They are seeking $3.3M in damages.

Most likely this will either be nothing or a small couple million dollar settlement will happen and the Pacquaio V Spence fight will go on 100%.

Back