Errol Spence (Neurological Damage?)

I can believe it. He looked off the entire night, and in the post fight interview he sounded drunk and/or concussed. I can't believe he's been in not one, but two severe, life-altering car wrecks and is somehow still boxing at an elite level.
He needs to get his brain looked at for sure

Yeah he’s probably compromised and has brain damage. Props to Spence for still being super good even if he’s diminished. Maybe he should retire

Yeah upon watching it again the early jabs were already hurting Spence, and his legs were not the same after the knockdown. He was wobbly and got desperate so early. Crawford hits hard but maybe not that hard. Spence’s face was already beet red by the third. Turns out Spence is unfortunately the one with the glass shield.

Spence also makes no adjustments besides trying to bully Crawford even harder. Crawford beats any version of Spence, but maybe not that easily. Spence did look slow and had no power on his punches

Last edited:
What color did he turn?
I think he thought he looked flush early. Unnaturally so, which to him means his body isn't the same (i.e. not as good) since the surgeries. Maybe makes him wonder what else isn't the same.

I can believe it. He looked off the entire night, and in the post fight interview he sounded drunk and/or concussed. I can't believe he's been in not one, but two severe, life-altering car wrecks and is somehow still boxing at an elite level.
He needs to get his brain looked at for sure

He was definitely concussed. See where those shots landed? He got hit in the temple, behind the ear twice, and that uppercut jacked his head back like a pez dispenser.

Doing a post fight interview with him was stupid.

they say you're never the same after a major beating.

well, the car accident was as serious as they come.

it's difficult to properly diagnose it. it gradually gets worse... the ugas fight wasn't the best for his brain.

post intvw was sad and painful to watch.

Ugas hurt him. Your logic is silly and you're in denial.
Silly as in low i.q. simpletons with barely a H.S. G.E.D. that think they can diagnose somebody with bRaIn dAMaGe because they lost a fight & was rocked hard once in another fight.
Please never mention logic to me again.

Silly as in low i.q. simpletons with barely a H.S. G.E.D. that think they can diagnose somebody with bRaIn dAMaGe because they lost a fight & was rocked hard once in another fight.
Please never mention logic to me again.

Slurred speech, glassy eyes, getting knocked down from a jab and looking off balance and vulnerable after. And don't say he's always spoke like that. He had some kind of energy in his voice years ago.

Look how upbeat and healthy he looks & sounds here, 5 years ago...

It's like a different person. It's shocking how much he's deteriorated.

Ye the difference is huge, compared to that video, now he seems permanently stoned. So much more lucid before.

Slurred speech, glassy eyes, getting knocked down from a jab and looking off balance and vulnerable after. And don't say he's always spoke like that. He had some kind of energy in his voice years ago.

Ignore how having your teeth knocked out and using dentures, partials, or getting implants impact your speech severely.
Yeah people only get put down by Terrance Crawford if they have severe numerological damage. Yet they can stop and beat other world class killers.

Spence didn't really seem to have a game plan other than extreme pressure and constant body attacks that left him wide open and out of position. Crawford seem to have a perfect game plan to take away Spence's jab and counter him before he could land anything significant or get comfortable on the inside.

We will have to see how Spence looks against somebody else. However, looks like the rematch will happen 1st as of now. I'm not too confident Spence can be competitive against Bud anymore.

wow damn. completely different speech pattern. different person.

that's sad man.

spence is a classic case of being "PUNCH DRUNK".

that's dangerous and permananent.

Reactions: HHJ

He was more physically imposing back then too. Go back and watch his weigh in against Kell Brook. He was both bigger and leaner back then than he is now. But even against Ugas he was in really good shape too. Just this fight which was supposed to be his biggest one ever, he looked like he didn't work as hard in camp or something

aaspence.jpg

To be fair, he still managed to do this post-crash
Showtime-Errol-Spence-vs.-Yordenis-Ugas.jpg

spence is a classic case of being "PUNCH DRUNK".

that's dangerous and permananent.

It's not necessarily the case that it's permanent.

It might be the case with Spence. Obviously he was concussed in the ring post fight. The question is whether or not he has had multiple concussions which have compounded on each other.

If he has sustained some kind of significant damage there are plenty of recovery stories out there with modern techniques;

On this forum alone I've heard several stories of guys being in a bad way with post concussion symptoms only to later make a recovery. I doubt they have taken as much head trauma as Spence though because they were presumably competing at a much lower level and didn't train as long.

Spence toughed it out against Ugas but he definitely didn't look the same as before. Spence had really good counter punching, good movement, very fast and explosive. Now he just seems to plant his feet and throw bombs, a very different fighter from before and it was easy to see. (Before anyone says this is hindsight, I called on another thread before the fight that he looked slow and Crawford was gonna dance around him if he fought the same way he fought Ugas.)

Also people saying that he won twice after the accident, this could also mean that whatever damage he had from the accident was exacerbated by his last two fights right? Ugas almost knocked him the fuck out ffs.

I don't feel comfortable with Spence going back to the ring after seeing his Ugas and Crawford fight. He looks like shit compared to before. He needs to get his head checked and retire IF necessary. He's rich, he's still somewhat healthy. He can just spend his time with his family and have fun in other ways.

All of those wars Hés ben in, the car accidents plus weed smoking and alcohol, his brain is damaged, just hear his slurred speech, he either got high before the fight, or his training camp heavy sparring especially against that heavyweight he is sparring with, made his brain damage worse.

Back