Escape from Tarkov (if you like PUBG you might like this)

questions for players who have played both Escape from Tarkov and Insurgency Sandstorm (on pc):

How does the gunplay compare regarding realism? How does weapon customization compare?

questions for players who have played both Escape from Tarkov and Insurgency Sandstorm (on pc):

How does the gunplay compare regarding realism? How does weapon customization compare?
Tarkov gunplay is as realistic as your gonna get. Has the best weapon customization in any FPS game.

Relation to weapon customization no game comes close to EFT. My only complaint about EFT's gunplay is that the character(not the player) controls recoil.

Great podcast by Veritas and Jesse:

They basically break down how BSG(Nikita) are adding features without comprehending their overall impact. Where a game designer is desperately needed to focus the inexperienced staff.

Thinking about getting into Tarkov. have a lot of friends on a Discord server who love it. It just looks like it has such a steep learning curve, that Im intimidated. Any advice? or do I just have to get good

Thinking about getting into Tarkov. have a lot of friends on a Discord server who love it. It just looks like it has such a steep learning curve, that Im intimidated. Any advice? or do I just have to get good
Play with your buds and let them teach you the ropes. Its a big learning curve and doesn't play like any other FPS. You'll get thrashed at the start thanks to guys that play 24/7 and have 5k hours and know every little detail on every map but if you stick with it you'll slowly see some success. Nothing like extracting with some fat loot after a tense session and your limbs are blacking out.

Also you can have the coolest gun worth half a million, but if you're shooting shitty ammo it won't do anything. Conversely you can have a piece of shit AK stripped of half its parts and if you use the right ammo you can kill.

Play with your friends, they'll speed up your learning 10x.

Play with your buds and let them teach you the ropes. Its a big learning curve and doesn't play like any other FPS. You'll get thrashed at the start thanks to guys that play 24/7 and have 5k hours and know every little detail on every map but if you stick with it you'll slowly see some success. Nothing like extracting with some fat loot after a tense session and your limbs are blacking out.

Also you can have the coolest gun worth half a million, but if you're shooting shitty ammo it won't do anything. Conversely you can have a piece of shit AK stripped of half its parts and if you use the right ammo you can kill.

Play with your friends, they'll speed up your learning 10x.
I love how this feels more like a war simulator than a FPS. Seems like a shooter for gamers who are tired of FPS

Yeah, I bought Tarky back in 17/18 and enjoyed it, but the game's issues just haven't ever really been fixed.

I just started around 4 weeks ago (over a month after the latest wipe). It definitely has a steep learning curve but the game is addicting and fun even if you don't get many frags. Just sneaking around scavenging loot is super intense and scavs (player and AI contolled) are good combat practice. PMC's kill me probably 50% of my raids. I think the most important and time-consuming part is learning the maps and know where to extract as it's the only way to keep the loot.

The most frustrating part is when you get one-shot by a sniper out of nowhere or when your gun jams after the 1st bullet in the fight. But this is also part of the game's charm imo. Cheaters can f*** off of course like in any other game.

I just started around 4 weeks ago (over a month after the latest wipe). It definitely has a steep learning curve but the game is addicting and fun even if you don't get many frags. Just sneaking around scavenging loot is super intense and scavs (player and AI contolled) are good combat practice. PMC's kill me probably 50% of my raids. I think the most important and time-consuming part is learning the maps and know where to extract as it's the only way to keep the loot.

The most frustrating part is when you get one-shot by a sniper out of nowhere or when your gun jams after the 1st bullet in the fight. But this is also part of the game's charm imo. Cheaters can f*** off of course like in any other game.
been playing since I made that post. Man there is a lot to tlearn in this game. Having fun though.

been playing since I made that post. Man there is a lot to tlearn in this game. Having fun though.

Yeah it's been little overwhelming at times and all the micromanaging / inventory tetris is a headache. What level are you? I'm 4 weeks in and I'm only level 16. The fleamarket opened the game up quite a bit as I don't need to scav every rare object for hideout etc.

Yeah it's been little overwhelming at times and all the micromanaging / inventory tetris is a headache. What level are you? I'm 4 weeks in and I'm only level 16. The fleamarket opened the game up quite a bit as I don't need to scav every rare object for hideout etc.
Im still only Level 7; will be cool to experience my first wipe

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back