ESPN and WMMA fight nights

Opinion

Because most people who like WMMA also like MMMA. Almost all of us actually, since we are actual MMA fans and not just exclusively fans of fighters with male genitalia.

I'm not a nice guy, sorry if I hurt your feelings.

No, they did not.
"Because most people who like WMMA also like MMMA. Almost all of us actually..."

Haha... You comment that something that I said (that's based on logic) is opinion and then immediately jumped into pushing your opinion as fact. You really are hilarious... also: bonus points for the application of the "no true Scotsman" fallacy for extra lulz.

"I'm not a nice guy, sorry if I hurt your feelings."

Not at all, it just demonstrated that you have no real arguments and resort to insults at the first point of disagreement, like a little child.

...and I am quite sure you are a "nice guy" LOL

An average of 812,000 for the women vs an average of 9.07 million for the men.

The NCAA Women's Basketball Tournament is averaging 812,000 viewers through the second round

The NCAA Men’s Tourney is up ever so slightly after Sunday’s second-round games. Heading into the final day of the weekend, the men’s event was on a record audience pace across CBS, TNT, TBS and truTV, but a number of blowouts saw Sunday’s overall audience drop 8% from last year. Overall, those four networks are averaging a combined 9.07 million viewers for games, up from 9.06 million at the same point last year
I don't know if those are equivalent comparison. But it seems plausible, considering the size and history of March Madness.

What is inarguably supported by the article is the fact that viewership for women is up over 100%.

Edit: The women are averaging 1.4M viewers per game in the second round, including a record 4.9M watching Iowa vs WVU.

Last edited:
"Because most people who like WMMA also like MMMA. Almost all of us actually..."

Haha... You comment that something that I said (that's based on logic)
Nothing you have said is based on logic. Pure feels.
is opinion and then immediately jumped into pushing your opinion as fact.
Did I though?
You really are hilarious..
No, but I'm funny
. also: bonus points for the application of the "no true Scotsman" fallacy for extra lulz.

"I'm not a nice guy, sorry if I hurt your feelings."

Not at all, it just demonstrated that you have no real arguments and resort to insults at the first point of disagreement, like a little child.
You have done no such thing, except in your mind.
...and I am quite sure you are a "nice guy" LOL
Sometimes I am very nice.

Ah, I forgot about Luque vs Brady as the original main event. Luque is still on the card though. Why not have him vs Buckley as the main event?
S'all right, we only know what we know and if we're just watching it and they ain't saying it, then we can't be expected to know. I was just having some fun at your expense, Sherbro

And cuz Buckley ain't nobody, so, down the card it goes

Nothing you have said is based on logic. Pure feels.

Did I though?

No, but I'm funny

You have done no such thing, except in your mind.

Sometimes I am very nice.
Your projection is showing. A summary of the discussion so far is:

Data point, data point, data point, observable evidence...

"Reeeeeeeeeee" <insert insults and shaming language here>

There's a big difference between being nice at times and being a "nice guy" I'd bet money on you being the latter, Mr white knight.

Your projection is showing. A summary of the discussion so far is:

Data point, data point, data point, observable evidence...

"Reeeeeeeeeee" <insert insults and shaming language here>
This summary is not accurate.

I suppose it is technically accurate to call your opinion a "data point". It's just not particularly relevant data.

I don't know if those are equivalent comparison. But it seems plausible, considering the size and history of March Madness.

What is inarguably supported by the article is the fact that viewership for the men's tournament is down from last year, and viewership for women is up over 100%.

Edit: The women are averaging 1.4M viewers per game in the second round, including a record 4.9M watching Iowa vs WVU.

Regardless, women's basketball is not more popular than men's basketball, which is the assertion I was addressing--a ridiculous one at that.

Regardless, women's basketball is not more popular than men's basketball, which is the assertion I was addressing--a ridiculous one at that.
Yeah it's not remotely close, and I don't expect it to be. Men's college teams have a legacy of decades, and they are well-funded. Women's collegiate sports are a relatively recent phenomenon, with a fraction of the funding.

I also don't expect most women's sports to ever be as popular as their male equivalent. That's just the nature of the world. But women's basketball is growing at an incredible rate. Women's professional hockey just started and is a massive success so far.

S'all right, we only know what we know and if we're just watching it and they ain't saying it, then we can't be expected to know. I was just having some fun at your expense, Sherbro

And cuz Buckley ain't nobody, so, down the card it goes

I just figured more casuals would recognize Buckley over Fiorot/Blanchfield because of the highlight reel KO of Impa Kasanganay. Pretty sure that video clip went viral kind of the way that Masvidal/Askren KO did.

I just figured more casuals would recognize Buckley over Fiorot/Blanchfield because of the highlight reel KO of Impa Kasanganay. Pretty sure that video clip went viral kind of the way that Masvidal/Askren KO did.
We should not pander to casuals IMO

Oh it was huge. But like most things that depend on casual MMA fandom, that means it lasted a sneeze.

Taking a look at Google trends: I put custom dates well after the Andrade fight last year and before this event's announcement so that Erin results weren't unfairly boosted by her headlining both cards, and Erin still has a higher average than Buck

This the the thing that surprises me. ESPN and the UFC don't care about making money! They are so woke and so focused on advancing women's rights that they are just giving money way like a charity.

They run their business like a non-profit women's center. Always so generous with publicity and money to all these social causes. Nope, they don't care about ratings or advertising, just advancing women's equality, in the UFC, in basketball, sports commentating.

Which is also strange to me that Sherdoggers complain that UFC and ESPN only cares about making money. They don't care that much! That's why they keep pushing WMMA so they can keep losing money.

Back