Media ESPN names its KO of the Year

very surprised they didn't go with islam / volk 2, the most superest super match up of champ champ status ever that only one guy trained for, but don't ever mention that because it was super doopr d00dz

Thought there were better pure ko’s available. But is what it is as the moment was a pretty memorable one given the story behind it and that it was a main event title fight.

Yeah these things are predictable and boring. I never want to see this fight, Islam/Volk, Jones/Gane, or Schevchenko/Grasso replayed ever again. I've seen them highlighted so many times now it's annoying.

Personally I think the KO itself should out weigh narratives. Like Sterling/O'malley being considered is silly because Sterling wasn't even out. With that said it was a spectacular KO and no narrative even comes close to matching it so I can see why it won. Edson Barboza's wheel quick and Buckleys spin kick both didn't need a crazy story for them to win KOTY so it feels weird (to me) that everybody is using it for Izzy's.

I'd argue for Emmett/Mitchell, CDF/Johnson or my personal favourite Barboza/BillyQ to win..... but I'm being picky again over ESPN's choice.

He is wearing the right color for Disney/Espn. However if we are talking shit your pants one hitter, quitter off to the shadow realm you go, sheer brutality. We saw that last week, Josh vs Bryce.

Of course you're looking for validation of your favourite KO of the year that happened to be done by your favourite fighter who nobody but you particularly likes 😂😅
I think Izzy is great and think it's hilarious how much he triggers this forum. I am fairly confident 90% of Pereira's "fans" are just Izzy haters and would have dumped him in a heartbeat if he went 0-2 against Izzy in MMA. 😂😅

Seemz legit...

...even for a company that knowz fook all about MMA.

Didn’t Conor knock out a bus using a 2 wheel dolly?

That was a great fight for Conor. One and done. The bus never even threw a punch.

Also, I don’t want my account to say
“ Reaction Score.”

I want it to say “Freedom Points!”

U S A! U S A! U S A!

lol not Emmet, what a joke...

image.gif.7e77bd4d038102caf741a89e79aa4c8e.gif
@Poatan @Po Atan

I think Izzy is great and think it's hilarious how much he triggers this forum. I am fairly confident 90% of Pereira's "fans" are just Izzy haters and would have dumped him in a heartbeat if he went 0-2 against Izzy in MMA. 😂😅
I'm not a Pereira fan. I'm very clearly a Matt Brown fan. Not everyone who dislikes Izzy is a Pereira fan. Some people just plain don't like him. Hell I can't even tell you specifically, why I'm not a fan of Izzy. What I can tell you is him jerking off his dog didn't help.

I agree, it was the most meaningful KO in terms of importance/title fight.

Back