Even with an emphatic W, this Stipe fight is already a blemish on Jon's legacy.

Dana's Conscience

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
And this is coming from a guy who has been a fan of Jon's

You know, I didn't have a huge problem with it when it was originally scheduled for last November. It still would have been mostly ritualistic in nature, but fine. Go for it. There wasn't even a surefire #1 contender. However, now that the fight has has been pushed back 9 months and we have an interim champ on fire, this is starting to become a terrible look for everyone involved except Stipe (Who can blame him for eagerly taking a Jon fight for the belt after a bad loss and over 3 years of doing absolutely nothing?). We all know the story about how much of a waste of time this bout this. If this was boxing, Dana and Jon would be getting crucified for it every single day. It'd be like Canelo demanding a fight with some old washup and refusing to fight David Benavidez.

Dana said the fight makes sense because both fighters want it. What about the fans? I get that we don't matter for shit because of the ESPN deal , but I can't remember such widespread condemnation for a fight on the horizon. Dana pretending that there's widespread enthusiasm is such a freaking insult to our intelligence. I get that he's a lying scumbag, but at least have an iota of respect and gratitude for us.

If the Stipe fight is set in stone, the only way Jon can salvage something from the situation is if he wins, takes the microphone, and tells Aspinall that he'll see him soon.

Jones is just the goat as the other dude said. The hater wet dream of Aspinall beating him won't happen. In real life, the bad guys don't always lose, they sometimes win as edgy and corny as it sounds

fake news. Jones doesn't need any more wins. He can retire whenever.

i agree ths isn't a great retirement fight for jones. maybe in 2020 when stipe was relevant, but stipe hasn't fought in 3 years now.

i hope jones takes one more fight against poatan and then retires. if he beat poaten at HW, then he has defeated the new guard and has a claim to the absolute GOAT.

He would have walked through the pride legends and strikeforce greats, beaten the new guard post USADA (however these were ok wins), won the HW belt, and beatn the face of the new era.

Stipe by KO. Jon is gonna die. Early grave. Croatian Domination. Stipe punches into Jon dieded.

if he beat poaten at HW, then he has defeated the new guard and has a claim to the absolute GOAT.

Surely you know absolutely no one is going to view it that way. If they were, then the Gane win was already that fight. A win against Pereira is just going to be dismissed as "yet another win against a blown up middleweight" - one greener (in MMA) than anyone else Jones has fought in the past 15 years.

You're right, this fight is so much more troubling than the steroids, cocaine, spousal abuse and unlawful things he's done. I'm glad we've settled it.
lets be real, most sherbros really only give a shit about the first part of those flaws because it gives them leverage to drag bones down in milquetoast goat discussions

lets be real, most sherbros really only give a shit about the first part of those flaws because it gives them leverage to drag bones down in milquetoast goat discussions

Should I have referenced that he should have a DQ loss to Anthony Smith and a real loss to Dominick Reyes? I suppose so, as they hold more weight, lol.

Should I have referenced that he should have a DQ loss to Anthony Smith and a real loss to Dominick Reyes? I suppose so, as they hold more weight, lol.
I'll never forgive Anthony Smith for not manning up and taking the belt off Jones when he had the chance.

I love you brother, but there's no way you believe that sir lol.

i mean, i don't really know how good Jon is anymore. his only fight in HW was like 30secs and had no resistance. it's not like i think Stipe is still a world beater, i'm more thinking that for all we know Jon could've fell off a cliff and that's why he keeps stalling. i would've never thought someone like Dominick Reyes would've nearly beaten him either but there it was lol

MMA has so many factors i can't count anyone all the way out.

Back