Ever Had A Rival?

I have conquered bugs. Rivals? Please..dont flatter them.

Every time I played

image-asset.jpeg

guy i mentored to be my second-in-command in the office tried to do sneaky tactics to boot me out of the spot so he can be the one in charge. got him booted out instead. wasn't happy with how the whole thing played out.

guy i mentored to be my second-in-command in the office tried to do sneaky tactics to boot me out of the spot so he can be the one in charge. got him booted out instead. wasn't happy with how the whole thing played out.
What kind of tactics and what were you unhappy bout besides the betrayal ?

A judo douche at my first MMA gym. Eventually he got the boot for a myraid of issues ranging from hygiene to injuring new hobbyists
Your gym Should have had an enforcer either in stand up , mma sparring or grappling to piece him up . Unless he was just that much better than everyone .

What kind of tactics and what were you unhappy bout besides the betrayal ?

i didn't really like to get him kicked out but was left with no choice because it was fight or flight, politically. i think im an asshole, but not THAT big of an asshole and as cocky as i am (im a sherdogger after all) i try to shy away from conflict and confrontations as much as possible.

that being said, the guys been slandering me and ass-kissing upper management to make me look bad and get me booted out (that was partially my fault too; i trusted him too much). i had to employ my own dirty tactics to counter his (which is also why i wasn't too happy with the situation; i wasn't a "hero" in a movie; both of us were villains and it was just a matter of who got the better of whom).

Your gym Should have had an enforcer either in stand up , mma sparring or grappling to piece him up . Unless he was just that much better than everyone .
They did, but dude pulled the usual: get wrecked, disappear for a few weeks, come back and repeat. When it got so bad he finally got the boot. I remember on my first day for trial class, I didn't know what rolling was, he goes "here I'll show you" and judo threw me landing into scarf with his elbow in my chest. I was like da fuk. I think I stayed and didn't leave because I wanted to get even lol

My Brother... all my life.

Turns out it wasn't such a rivalry, though. He's taller, smarter, better looking, more successful and was a pro-athlete at one point. He's also gay, so he dresses better.

I did beat him at Scrabble on our last vacation however... So there's that.

I'm a magnet for competitive douches

yeah, i had one in primary school. i used to get into fist fights with this kid almost every day. the school implemented a lunch time policy where we had to be on opposite sides of the school for lunch breaks each day. it was then a big popularity contest to bring all ya bois to your side every day. we ended up playing on the same football team later in high school and got along lol. hes married with like 6 kids or something now.

Manu.

I'm an Ok soccer player, but one aspect that others have said that I excel at is defending. I can lockdown most of the players I usually play against, but Manu is the perfect foil.

Where I use mainly strength, open field speed to prevent people from getting by me, he's short, shifty, quick, and has great technique.

I love the challenge of defending him, but that dude wears me out mentally and physically.

That said, dudes a genuinely nice guy and we've become friends over the years due to this rivalry.

Not personally but I remember the big

@Clippy vs JohnWang showdown back in they day.

Bitter rivals.

I went one and one with some goon in a couple Motorcoss events in Houston.

Back in 2009 when I was getting out of Shooting Competition I noticed some new guy always trying to get squadded next to my shooting point so we'd inevitably try to out score one another. This one was a pitty too, cause he wasn't as good as me at the time, but I was burned out and didn't care enough to give it a proper effort. I beat him a few times then noticed later on he got really good after I'd Quit.

Dude was kind've a metiticulous gear freak so I tried to make my rifle look like shit just to bug him.

Last rival I had was in the last Desert Race I was in. I was terribly unfit to race and after passing this guy early on, he came back and caught me about 3hrs later. If it got smooth I'd pass him, but as soon as it got rough I was too tired to hang on without super risking a crash and he'd get by again. Finally just let him go and finished about 38 seconds behind him. Gotta get fit for the next time.

Last edited:
My best friend. Like all things it started out as friendly teenage one up manship but by our late 30s broke down into a toxic mess. It probably sounds arrogant but I cast a long shadow and it can't have been fun spending 20 years in it.

Locking horns with your best friend is the worst kind of rivalry.

You trusted each other with all of your secrets, and later it devolves into betrayal and a soul crushing war of attrition where the only outcome seems to be a Pyrrhic victory.

A little off topic i know, It's the eye of the tiger,
and it's the thrill of the fight, Risin' up to the challenge of our rival
So like a known survivor, some could say the last known survivor there was someone watching me with the eye of the tiger.

I made a song to go with it, but no-one wants to hear that.

Back