Everlast Pro Style Training Gloves any good?

gibeposi

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
814hinjrI4L._SL1500_.jpg

Never used these, it's my bro's birthday and I was thinking of getting these for him as a gift. They're like, 30 bucks on Amazon. Are they rubbish? Never seen anyone use them in my gym, not even once, which is fishy

Either way I don't expect a whole lot for 30 bucks, just want to know if they're worth nothing or a decent gift for an amateur boxer

Cheers

They're not the best. Just wondering, but do you have any more info on your brother? Height, weight, experience, SSN (that's a joke).

Also, are you in the UK?

Not in the UK, sorry... He's around 205lbs, 6'3, hasn't been boxing for a long time, maybe 5 months I think

Okay, where are you located? I ask because your options for a decent glove at a good price are limited by where you are. Unless you're in the states, which means that your options are basically unlimited.

I just made an assumption because you said rubbish. He sounds like a big guy. I would stay away from Everlast for the most part.

I always think when people say "bucks" that mean they are in the states.

Anyway, even for beginners I'd say these Everlast aren't worth the price. If you look at the black piece of elastic band at the inner side of the wrist, that automatically scream rubbish to me. They will never have the decent wrist support especially after some use. Wrist support is pretty huge for a pair of boxing gloves, neither beginners or experts want to get injured in training, so...I will go on and tell you no on these pairs.

Yes, they are cheap but it's waste of money if they don't even worth that price. I'm sure there are better options out there and it might even be better if you consider increasing your budget for a good pair that can actually last him a long time.

Personally, it always works out this way for me: If you spend 30 bucks for a crappy pair that isn't gonna last or causing injuries/ unpleasant training experience to the point that you need another decent pair. You will end up spending the same price for the good pair with this 30 bucks on top of it. Plus seeing a pair of gloves lying around that you know you will never use is pretty annoying.

Also your brother is a big guy, pretty certain these kind of wrist support isn't gonna be enough for his power.

Those Everlasts are the main stock at all our sporting goods stores.....avoid at all costs.

OK, thanks a lot for the tips guys. I opted out for TITLE in the end, I know for a fact that they're quality and it's better to spend an extra dime for a useful gift than give someone crap.

Cheers

Back