Ex-pro soccer player sues Riot Games for stealing his likeness to make Lucian in League of Legends

I don't understand what is so offensive about homage. If Bruce Lee's family wants to sue I'm sure they can, but I suspect they're not as lame, greedy, or desperate as Edgar Davids.

If Bruce Lee's family wants to sue I'm sure they can, but I suspect they're not as lame, greedy, or desperate as Edgar Davids.

Did you not see how the Lee family and UFC used Bruces likeness to push their own financial/public perception agendas? That was distasteful.

This case absolutely deserved to be thrown out. He acknowledged the likeness, had no problem with it, then years later turns around looking for damages? Fuck this guy.

why would blizzard sue riot for that skin? That Lucian skin has been out longer then Overwatch, it was released on June 18, 2014. They released it when the Fifa world cup was going on in brazil since it was starting to get a large fan base down there.

Last edited:
why would blizzard sue riot for that skin? That Lucian skin has been out longer then Overwatch, it was released on June 18, 2014. They released it when the Fifa world cup was going on in brazil since it was starting to get a large fan base down there.
I didn't look that up which is why I left that open either way (for whichever one-way was earlier). So it would be Riot suing Blizzard.

Back