Ex-UFC Fighter Saves Kid in Daring Highway Chase

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"Everyone was going like 70 miles per hour. She was driving the wrong way, just kind of swerving around," Matt Hamill told MMAFighting.com. "She was going slower but she was going on the wrong side of the street, and you could see her face, she was kind of drooling. There was obviously something going on with her that just wasn't right. She was breathing fine, but you could just tell there was something, some issues.

"It seemed like Pac-Man, trying to avoid all the little ghosts. She was all over the place."

Against his better judgment, Hamill flipped his truck around and gave chase to the errant vehicle. The woman eventually trailed off into the grass median, allowing Hamill to catch up, pin his vehicle near hers, then gave chase on foot. The woman was bewildered and largely unresponsive by that point, Hamill says.

Hamill ran up alongside the vehicle and it was only then that the ex-UFC fighter noticed a little boy, no older than five years old, bawling in the backseat of the vehicle. So he did the only thing he could think to do -- he punched out the window and manually stopped the car.

"A lot of the cars, they had been honking. And I'm sure that the noise and the car just weaving (upset him)," Hamill said. "He had a seatbelt on and he was in his car seat, but I'm sure it was a scary situation and he was worried what was going on. The mother was just weaving all over the road.

"He was fine and everything, just a little bit upset, but if she hadn't been stopped I definitely feel like someone would've ran into something. The mother was on drugs and had been drinking apparently."

Full story:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/4/3...s-child-on-highway-days-after-wsof-19-pullout

Why don't you just put his name in the title? So mysterious of you, RW...

Matt Hammil, the only man to defeat Jon Jones! He's a superhero! Lol

What a guy!

War Matt "The Hammer" Hamill!

carnac-o.gif

His name is Matt Hamill
His name is Matt Hamill
His name is Matt Hamill

So not only did Hamill take Jones 0, but now he's a bigger hero too.

Except that he fights in WSOF now, so that would be more relevant.

I don't mean to sound like a dick.. but did anyone else start reading in deaf voice once they found out it was Matt Hamill?

Gotta love Matt Hamill.

Dude was never great. But he overcame a lot of adversity and was a very good college wrestler and made it to the biggest MMA show of them all, while being mostly deaf his whole life.

Feel good story :)

Hamill's best accomplishment since beating Jon Jones.

Very cool. Takes a good person to man up and do the right thing like this. Very cool.

Back