Examples of fighters that has lost simply because they underestimated their opponent?

i don't see that

Rockhold has no defense against the left hook and Bisping clearly knew that and was going for the left hook from the start of the fight

no matter how seriously he took that fight his biggest flaw had been found and he never fixed it even in later fights
I still think that Rockhold never even entertained that this guy would beat him,short notice or not. How much that played a factor is hard to tell.

Rampage X Forrest

Quinton was at his peak
Should have destroyed him imo

Surely the worst one was Blaydes vs Lewis? All Blaydes had to do was to wreck Lewis from the outside for an easy win, yet he decided to go for a takedown.

Hey now, maybe we need to see a third fight to settle this, but in my opinion Fig was weak as fuck due to the weight cut. Dude got dropped by a jab. Not even a counter jab, just a jab.

I do see your point in that Fig talked all that shit pre fight. How he was going to smash Moreno in a round to make things right.

Fuck it book Moreno/Fig 3

He didn’t look right. Even in the build up. It always intrigues me when one guy is calm and respectful but the other is really angry, disproportionately angry to whats being said - especially when it’s not witty or anything. That’s how Fig was acting in the rematch build up, it was like Moreno was expecting the fight of his life again but Figueredo had gone the other way and convinced himself the first time was a fluke and that Moreno wasn’t on his level. I think it definitely needs a 3rd fight down the line.

Leben vs Silva

Anderson touched him with the jab.

Hughes vs HAllman and Penn, Forrest vs Jardine

We see and discuss these things pre fight, but whatever the result is all talk is about the winner simply being the better fighter. Well, i cant imagine a better fighter lost one time because of underastimation. When has this happened?

I'll start with Silva/Weidman 1. Anderson underastimated that dude so hard he got ktfo to the point where he was never same again.
I have to disagree with you on this one. I think Anderson knew Chris was a terrible matchup for him. He tried to avoid that fight for a while but finally gave in. It was like facing Chael again but younger, faster, and better submissions. GSP/Serra Luke/Bisping and Overeem/Bigfoot were all great answers though.

I'll start with Silva/Weidman 1. Anderson underastimated that dude so hard he got ktfo to the point where he was never same again.
You mean Silva was never the same again after losing the MW belt at 38 years old? LOL You a dumbass. Look at Wiedman and how shit he has been. Not to mention that the Chris is only 37 and could never hold the MW belt at 38 like Silva did. GSP ran away from the UFC at 32 and so did Khabib. There is a reason why those two would never hold the belt at 38 like Silva did. But hey, keep acting like Silva only declined because of the Chris and not father time.

Hey now, maybe we need to see a third fight to settle this, but in my opinion Fig was weak as fuck due to the weight cut. Dude got dropped by a jab. Not even a counter jab, just a jab.

I do see your point in that Fig talked all that shit pre fight. How he was going to smash Moreno in a round to make things right.

Fuck it book Moreno/Fig 3
Wrong. Moreno should have won the first fight with Fig. Moreno was piecing Fig up in the 1st, but if listen to the dead beat commentators in the 1st fight, you would have assumed Fig was beating the bloody pulp out of Moreno, which was far from the case. Fig is a power guy, where Moreno is more a volume guy but also faster with better movement as well. Fig would get beat again and again by Moreno.

Wrong. Moreno should have won the first fight with Fig. Moreno was piecing Fig up in the 1st, but if listen to the dead beat commentators in the 1st fight, you would have assumed Fig was beating the bloody pulp out of Moreno, which was far from the case. Fig is a power guy, where Moreno is more a volume guy but also faster with better movement as well. Fig would get beat again and again by Moreno.
I like how Moreno fights, but if point wasnt deducted in first fight, Fig would have won

Bisping-Rockhold 2, Conor-Doostin 2, Conor-Nate 1, Stipe-Francis 2, Stipe-DC 1, Werdum-Stipe, MJ-Gaethje, Cowboy-Hernandez, Cowboy-PMP, Till-Masvidal.

Interesting thought. My take on the Mcgregor/Poirier saga is that Dustin was always the better fighter. Even though Conor knocked him the fuck out the first time, it kinda feels like a fluke today. It was a weird punch that dropped Dustin, they both moved up to 155 after and Dustin did better things there.

Maybe Conor underastimated him in the second fight due to the easy result in 2014, but he learned in the third fight Dustin is actually elite.
This 100%. Dustin is the better overall fighter. Their first fight was the most flukey fight in which they deprived themselves the most (fighting at FW instead of LW).

I'd say GSP vs Matt Serra. GSP says he could never sleep the night before fighting an opponent, except for the first Serra fight in which he slept like a baby. And we all know how that ended, GSP ended up tapping to strikes from a blown up midget LW BJJ guy.

Bit of a wild card fight, not sure if it qualifies, but Rich Franklin vs Le?

I feel like Franklin didn’t respect Le’s punching power and tried to make it into a boxing match on the feet. We all know how that ended.

Rockhold vs Jan is the #1 choice though - Rockhold literally said "I don't lose to guys like Jan".

Every fight Conor has lost. He has never lost a fight when he didn't underestimate his opponent. Needs to be motivated.

He's only been motivated twice since 2016. Once at LW. Conor 5.0 coming.

Back