Examples of they were winning until they weren't

I’d like an explanation too.
It's such an obvious echo chamber talking point perpetuated since the fight took place, and I've grown tired of trying to set the record straight on here. Shitty UFC commentary is effective at influencing the narrative tbh, which is the main reason I'm so tired of Rogan, who always is biased and seeing things which aren't there.

Weidman was piecing Jacare up with beautiful boxing combos until Souza adjusted and went for body shots which opened Chris up for a massive overhand. It’s a shame because he looked incredible up until that point.

Conor vs Dustin and khabib and Floyd. Also Conor and his other loses. For real thiago Alves vs conduit was dumb. Or was It Alves vs kaptman? I can't remeber anymore. He was lighting the other guy up for 3 rounds and goes for a takedown at the end of the third and gets chocked out.

It's such an obvious echo chamber talking point perpetuated since the fight took place, and I've grown tired of trying to set the record straight on here. Shitty UFC commentary is effective at influencing the narrative tbh, which is the main reason I'm so tired of Rogan, who always is biased and seeing things which aren't there.
Not sure if it was actually rogan or if it was just parroted here on sherdog but that especially re Weidman that he was winning till he lost was one of the funniest narratives I’ve heard.

Basically every fight drew mcfedries lost in the ufc. Dude would come out swing hard rock the fuck out of people, gas out then be easily beat. Martin kapmann vs him is a perfect example

Sonnen vs Silva 1
Triangle-Choke-UFC.jpg
This is the GOAT example for me.

Poirier vs Conor 1 lol

Poirer outlanded him 10 out of 19 to
Conor's 4 out of 24

Before the KO

After the ko, Conor was at 9 / 29

Doubt those numbers are correct though

Absolutely not the Rockhold fight, not even on the scorecards, and Romero was 1-1 into the 3rd

Edit:

Here are the scorecards for the Rockhold fights.

Oh shit, really!?

First time I see that. From memory, I thought Chris won at least 1 round. Didn't really matter in the end.

To those who post guy who won the first round of a 5 rounds fight and got blasted in the 2nd...I don't think winning 1/5 of a fight is enough to qualify as "winning" the fight.

Especially with fighter like Connor who are known to fade.

Back