Examples where your own experience flies in the face of research.

I live in Thailand for almost 10 years. It is apparently the most dangerous or one of the most dangerous countries to drive in.
I have never seen a serious accident or the aftermath of it. I have seen a few crashes but they all just looked like car or motorbike damage.
Never once did I think this looks bad.

On the contrary in Germany one of the safest countries to drive in.
I must have seen several fatal car crashes (not the actual crash drove past it after when the cops etc. were already there).
And a lot of very serious crashes.

Ha ha. I just recently got a car and have been driving alot more and boy are German roads nowhere as safe as I thought they were (interestingly enough I used to drive alot earlier but I somehow only notice now that I have my own car).

Between these crossing in cities where lines are absolutely impossible to follow, to lanes that suddenly disappear, to your attention being non-stop driven away from the road because you need to pay attention to like 17 signs per minute....

Oh and the Autobahn is fucked up sometimes. I often have to drive through one of the coldest areas in the country and it's always full of accidents. To be expected when people drive at 170 km/h in a snowstoarm on sloped terrain.

The worst I saw I think was in Halle / Saale. Fucking single tram line crossing the road like 5 times within 3 kms, with absolutely no stop sign (not even exagerating ; it feels like it's designed to create acccidents).

Sometimes I feel like it's all designed to make you fuck up, so that they are able to tell you Germany's favourite word :

SELBSTSCHULD !!!!!!

My own experience tells me there are no quarks or atoms.

Which is why one shouldnt simply rely on ones own experience

Edit: shouldnt not should

Back