Expert adviser Sean Strickland helps Francis Ngannou.

I've been robbed at gunpoint twice, both times in the US (once in Chicago and once in Miami) while there on business. I handed over my wallet both times and the guy with the gun took off. Aside from the inconvenience of cancelling my credit card, I had about 200 bucks in cash on me total between the two robberies.

Now if I'd had a gun and escalated it, what then? I'm going to shoot some poor bastard (or get shot) for 200 bucks? It's a stupid argument.

Lol. You just know you'll get hit with a hundred replys by Sherdog's warriors calling you weak, beta or sheep and how they all walk around carrying AK-47s and no one fucks with them. And how they always sit facing the doors and know all the exits because they still think like a 14 year old who is in a Van Damme movie.

Anyways, I think a gun is a good thing to have at your house because a robber might be able to make a hostage out of you or your family.
But in the streets it's always such a fast situation that a gun would just complicate things much more.

The numbers aren’t at an all time high. Not even close. The highest murder counts ever in the U.S. were in the late 80’s early 90’s. The only places where it’s back on the rise though is in big liberal cities where they’ve gotten soft on crime due to the progressive agenda. In the rural parts of the country, which is the majority of the country, it’s safer than just about anywhere on earth.
So much data on it. A lot of cities/states are at all time highs in both murder and crime. There's been many articles written on this for the past year from many different news sources. Every headline is about the surge in crime and murders.

I understand the reasons for it, I'm just pointing out that it's getting worse in a lot of areas. You should see how things are in LA/SF. It wasn't that bad in the 80s and 90s. People in Beverly Hills still felt safe. It's not like that anymore, everything has spilled over past the "ghettos" into all the rich communities.

So much data on it. A lot of cities/states are at all time highs in both murder and crime. There's been many articles written on this for the past year from many different news sources. Every headline is about the surge in crime and murders.

I understand the reasons for it, I'm just pointing out that it's getting worse in a lot of areas. You should see how things are in LA/SF. It wasn't that bad in the 80s and 90s. People in Beverly Hills still felt safe. It's not like that anymore, everything has spilled over past the "ghettos" into all the rich communities.

I don't know the historical statistics, but mass shootings by young & old are certainly on the rise. There was a shooting in Colorado this morning, 4 dead & 7 wounded at a gas station...including a LEO. It these random shooting of innocent people, or mass shootings that bother me more than anything. There have always been robbery, crimes of passion, crime drive by shootings...but comprehending the killing of innocent bystanders, whether in a gay bar or a concert is the most baffling surge to me.

These acts were far and few between in the past, now they are becoming common place. No matter our ranking in actual murder rates, other country's don't have the mass shootings that we have been trending at in the past decade.

Back