eye pokes

I can translate that.

It's terrible that wasn't called during the fight.

Not the first time Barboza's been eye poked.

Either the gloves need to be changed, or the gawt damn refs need to start deducting automatic points for that shit. No more excuses, no more letting it slide.

Someone is going to be blinded before these idiots actually do something to change this.

Everybody gets three free eyepokes and a nutshot. That’s the rules

Last edited:
Everybody gets three free eyepoke and a nutshot. That’s the rules

But it's funny how always happen to a dangerous striker like barboza.

Seems more like a strategy going into the fight that a accident

That's too bad, should of signaled the ref and took some time off instead of trying to be "I'm a bad ass fighter, eye poke? Yeah I'm a real man I fight with an unfair disadvantage"

This is some sore loser shit.

Either the gloves need to be changed, or the gawt damn refs need to start deducting automatic points for that shit. No more excuses, no more letting it slide.

Someone is going to be blinded before these idiots actually do something to change this.

Such gloves already exist too. Nothing needs to be invented.

It's a shame. I noticed Barboza's eye bloody immediately. It wasn't even called.

That's too bad, should of signaled the ref and took some time off instead of trying to be "I'm a bad ass fighter, eye poke? Yeah I'm a real man I fight with an unfair disadvantage"

This is some sore loser shit.
Sore loser shit like Conor saying he won the war against Khabib?

@Fedor Wearing A Fedora

He did.

Conor left that octagon with a black eye after slapping up both of Khabib's brothers.

He slapped those brothers around and Khabib didn't do anything except throw a tantrum.

@[BR] nicholas

wachu talkin bout?

nqesvrn31r621.gif

mjpts81enu621.gif

Sucks for sure. Unfortunately it wasn’t seen by the ref as far as I know. I didn’t see it live on tv, either. It didn’t appear intentional. There’s not alot that can be said in this instance.

Of course it's strategy 100%. They are no accident. There shouldn't be any points deducted. It should be DQ right away. If you impair your opponent, you have a high chance to finish him during the fight. One point deducted means nothing. I can guarantee you that if there is a rule of 1 eye poke DQ, there will be no more "accidental" eyepokes.

I think you have to take it on a case by case basis. Then start with was the poker a known dirty fighter? Was it likely accidental or not? Was it seen by the everybody in real time? There are actually alot of questions.

Someone mentioned Invicta the other day and that the refs deduct straightaway. That’s how it should be. They are warned backstage BEFORE the fight. I pointed out that most Invicta fights take place in Kansas City, under the jurisdiction of the KAC.

It’s the ACs that are primarily to blame, imo. If they impart onto the officials they hire that there is to be zero tolerance then we will see change. NV, CA, and NY obviously don’t give a fuck about alot when it comes to the rules. They pick and choose. That’s who is really to blame here.

Apart from obvious cheats like Jones* of course. Some douchebags will always cheat unless they are stopped. Nobody seems seriously concerned with stopping Jones* from doing anything wrong...EVER.

Back