Faber "KO" #6 on ESPN's Sportscenter Top10 and described as "lights out" by hosts... WTF?

MMA highlights in the top ten are becoming less rare and virtually never appeared prior to the ESPN deal. I think Brock Lesnar made it when he TKO’d Randy once.

A well known fighter coming out of retirement as a sizable underdog to take out a rising star in less than a minute is top ten worthy. You should calm down before you have an aneurysm. There were definitely more spectacular knockouts last night. I’m on an mma forum at 4 in the morning and you don’t think I watched the event? The masses tuned in to watch Faber. He pulled off the upset. It’s top ten worthy. I’m sorry you’re so troubled by this.
What Faber did doesn't even rank in the Top 1000 finishes in UFC history, let alone a national Top10 Sportscenter highlight lol. He hit some dude on the temple in the first minute of a fight while both guys threw looping shots and the guy stanky legged. It's so unremarkable compared to the fanfare.
LOL @ Ricky Simon being a "rising star". Sure sure. The guy who less than 2 years ago wasn't even offered a UFC contract after winning a split decision on Dana White's backrool bonus brawl show and had to go back to LFA, is a "rising star in the UFC" lol.

Hoping ESPN crumbles then UFC behind it. Would be glorious times.

Face it TS your boy got wrecked

ESPN is a joke
ESPN used to be the shit least century when people watched cable TV. The deal and current coverage the UFC has would have been revolutionary for this sport at the time, however, now no one cares and then only TV's that it is on are the ones in the rest homes.

Face it TS your boy got wrecked
lol wut?
I don't care for Simon in the least. I'd just rather watch older rich fighters get all the opportunities while young hungry guys get screwed.

ESPN sucks, and I wish the UFC had stayed away from them. They refused to acknowledge MMA as a sport for a long time, and now they do such a piss-poor job of covering, just like they do when they cover the NHL.

It was his comeback fight in Sacramento, and should've been the main event. Stop crying.

At least I didn't spend $65 on a PPV.

And don't watch if you want to bitch about shit. People complain on PPV and free shit (I do realize ESPN+ is not free).

FFS nothing is perfect, and if you have an idea to make it perfect start your own org.
Lol sure. And if Wendys messes up my order I can't complain unless I start working there.

Last edited:
What a total joke of a sport and sports relationship ESPN has created.
This event had multiple SICK KOs, spinning kicks and so forth and the only play they picked for their daily top 10 was Urijah landing a forehead shot against a guy who then stumbles. And then they just make up some bullshit about the guy being out and "totally done"?

This just minutes after dedicating a segment on Sportscenter where they let Bisping rant about how Faber deserved a title shot.

Can it be more blatant what a promotional scam is being run by ESPN and WME to just blindly milk random names with no concern for actual talent or ranking? The average person watching must be dumb as shit if they can keep doing this stuff.
Who did you vote on for President? If you think your vote counts, you are ESPN's target audience.

Not that you're wrong in your assertions, but Faber is no "random Dude".

A pet peeve of mine is commentators calling a tko a ko. It's stupid, either shows a lack of knowledge or an agenda/story is being pushed. That or they're just trying to create such a buzz that they don't care about facts

A TKO is considered a KO, officially. There's also the whole thing about "KO" being an essential part of "TKO." I get what you're saying, but it is a knockout. Just not KTFO.

Back