FACT: One win for Jones at Heavyweight doesn’t mean much. Wait until his takedowns get stuffed.

i was legit scared for jones and was super happy he won. ganes a beast and we all know it. dude had a great game plan and it went perfect. to think he wont have a game plan built for stipe is dumb. will he win? i hope so. im actually happy to see a lot of jones supporters.

So wait, people who think he just got a favorable matchup are coping, and people who think he'll have no trouble with the division are also coping?

No, it’s textbook coping because @Viper2 claimed pre-fight that only morons would think Jones is anywhere near strong enough to hold Gane down for more than a split second, that there’s no way Jones would TKO or sub Gane on the ground, that Gane would light Jones up on the feet.

Now Jones proved @Viper2 is in fact the actual moron, he’s completely changing his tune by pretending Jones being able to do everything he said Jones wouldn’t do “doesn’t mean much”, while hoping we’re all stupid like him and don’t remember the dumb shit he said pre-fight.

You done goofed, @Viper2.

There's 2 heavyweights who have a remote chance at stopping Jon's takedowns. Blaydes and Stipe. Blaydes is worse than Jon in every area while Stipe is past his prime.

DC was a 5ft8 heavily undersized HW. Though he threw around big guys with ease...

Jon’s biggest competition is at LHW. No one will stop him at HW except himself

Stipes real old and coming off a brutal KO loss, I think he's just gonna turn up for a pay cheque and then retire.

We're not gonna see peak Stipe here.

But they have been stuffed against jones. Repeatedly. By many fighters.

This thread is another example of a guy with zero grappling getting submitted and everyone believing Jones is unstoppable.
Khabib wasn't 100% on takedowns either. Regardless of the thread, the reality to this point is Jones has been unstoppable so i suppose they're not entirely wrong in that respect.

I could see Jones being a bit more vulnerable defensively at HW

Stipes real old and coming off a brutal KO loss, I think he's just gonna turn up for a pay cheque and then retire.

We're not gonna see peak Stipe here.
It’s not peak Jones either

Oh sure, the Reyes who was 12-0 with 9 finishes was just too old to handle Jones. Never mind that Jones had had twice as long of a career by that point, not to mention a couple of years of age on Reyes as well.
Reyes already beat Jones.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back