FACTS: Cain was not KO'd and was not 100% before the fight

He doesn't look fully aware trying to single leg the ref

dbffd91b3e68762575b2ab1a1893f83a

Actually he went for the single leg on Francis but as he went to grab Francis the ref moved in and ended up where Francis was. Cain immediately looks at the ref and says my knee and points down.

Cain did get hit with that uppercut but I don't think it rocked him to bad. Tbh

Actually he went for the single leg on Francis but as he went to grab Francis the ref moved in and ended up where Francis was. Cain immediately looks at the ref and says my knreand points down.
Good observation

Here are all the facts we know:
  1. In the open workout, we can see Cain's left knee buckle - his knee tendons were already loose
  2. Cain said in the post fight presser that when he first stepped left he already felt his knee give out - this is right before the right uppercut
  3. Cain was not KO'd nor rocked, look at the expression on his face when he falls - his knee gave out, he's fully aware
  4. Apart from the right uppercut, Ngannou does not hit him with anything - he only put his weight onto him
Sadly, I think it is over for Cain. Discuss.
FACTS... states opinion

Cain lost, get over it and move on.

Been on Sherdog over a decade, and I've seen a lot of wild shit, man.

One thing I've never seen: A thread with the word FACT in the title followed by a fact.

I don't think I've heard a single person say he was KOed, to be honest.

He did get clipped and rocked though, then his peanut brittle patellas went clean off the rails.
Lots of people around here kept throwing around "flash ko then recovered in pain."

Truth of the matter is, anytime you're hit, your eyes black for a split, but that seems really slippery slope to start splitting hairs. Point is, he couldn't continue because his knee hurt, but we have no way of saying he would have protected himself just fine if it didn't.

yeah bro, first few posters nailed it

huge upper cut, body goes limp for a sec. Wrestles the ref. It was over for him before it started. Its hard to accept in a come back fight but it is what it is.

Cain was Cain and he lost. It’s not Ngannou’s fault he trains poorly and gets hurt all the time. That matters when considering a GOAT. The guy has like 13 wins. He can’t win above sea level, he’s hurt, blah blah blah What else???

He has two good wins against JDS and a bunch of grindy wins against Ben Rothewell and Giant Silva. Woopdie doo

This. I've been saying this for a long time. His best wins are JDS (after JDS one hitter quittered him) and Brock after Brock got destroyed by illness. He was a good fighter who managed to luck into fighting the same three favorable matchups for 5 years. Werdum was always a bad matchup for him, most fighters have to hold back with their striking for fear of the takedown, a problem Werdum doesn't have. Stipe would have been a very tough out for Cain also. Look at the list of the best fighters of Cain's era, he fought so few of them. No way is Cain the GOAT, not even the UFC GOAT.

1. Cain was not ... rocked
He got punched directly on the chin, his head snapped and his body went straight down. He was dropped by a punch to the head. That is a fact.

Fact: how he lost is irrelevant, because it means the same thing either way.

Cain is done.

I don't think I've heard a single person say he was KOed, to be honest.

He did get clipped and rocked though, then his peanut brittle patellas went clean off the rails.
he got ko'd then fell awkward on knee...ala crocop gonzaga

look into it

Actually he went for the single leg on Francis but as he went to grab Francis the ref moved in and ended up where Francis was. Cain immediately looks at the ref and says my knee and points down.

Cain did get hit with that uppercut but I don't think it rocked him to bad. Tbh

Lol no. Francis was already walking off when he went for a single leg on the ref. And he had to be restrained. He definitely did not have all his wits about him.

Early stoppage. Cain was winning before he got caught #Robbed

There was a thread and a video that both seem to be deleted now, he was getting out of the car day before the fight and he was limping, so there's that. He came to pick up the check.

it was super unfortunate. We basically learned nothing from this fight and now ngannou's hype train is in full force again. Cain was rocked, but he was dropped the same way by kongo 17 times in their fight too. Maybe he would have recovered and won but we'll never know.

I think he loses to stipe and DC still but heavyweight is such trash that he can still float at the top of the division.

Here are all the facts we know:
  1. Troll Level for thread: 1/10. Your facts are all opinions with as much validity as the Flat Earth Society. It looked like Cain slipped in workout.
  2. What did Cain say? Oh yeah, it doesn't matter what Cain said. Video evidence> Excuses.
  3. Cain was rocked, fell awkwardly and strained his knee as the video demonstrates. Fact.
  4. Cain lost by TKO. Officially. Fact.
Sadly, I think the Cain apologists will continue to ignore the truth, facts and video evidence.

This. I've been saying this for a long time. His best wins are JDS (after JDS one hitter quittered him) and Brock after Brock got destroyed by illness. He was a good fighter who managed to luck into fighting the same three favorable matchups for 5 years. Werdum was always a bad matchup for him, most fighters have to hold back with their striking for fear of the takedown, a problem Werdum doesn't have. Stipe would have been a very tough out for Cain also. Look at the list of the best fighters of Cain's era, he fought so few of them. No way is Cain the GOAT, not even the UFC GOAT.

Yup. UFC hype machine played him up big after he beat zombie Noguiera (Frank Mir has the same performance) and beat guys like Rothwell and Giant Silva.

People forget that Cheick Kongo almost murdered him, JDS knocked him out cold, the cardio king has no cardio above a certain elevation...

At the end of the day the guy has barely any wins - let alone significant wins aside from JDS.

Is he good? Yeah. But GOAT... no

9-3 in the UFC when your wins are zombie Nog, JDS x2, Giant Silva x2, Ben Rothwell, Brock Lesnar, and Edmond Browne

I definitely saw his head snap to his right before his entire body gave out

Agreed. He was rocked. His arms went limp. His legs went limp and he does the splits. He went down and hurt his knee. Then winces in pain AFTER.

I've watched it from as many angles as possible to come to a conclusion. My conclusion is that he was flash KTFO and then was woke up when he hurt his knee after.

During the replay the announcer is saying "his knee just gives out" at the very moment when his knee is NOT giving out and his chin and head is snapping up from the uppercut. MMA watchers let the announcers guide them way too much. Turn the sound off and watch. His knee didn't give out. His brain shut off long enough for him to go down.

I'm not going for though is any of Cains BS statements about how he wasn't hurt by that punch. He's trying to save face. He should be giving Ngannou some credit for the win.

Cain, retire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back