Fallout TV Series (Premieres April 11)

Today's the day, can't wait. Only game I've played this year other than COD is Fallout 4. I tried giving 76 another chance but I don't like multiplayer games, maybe I'd like it if I purchased the solo server.

76 is terrible. They've patched the hell out of it. It still stinks. I went back to FO: NV a few weeks back in between my back catalog and it's still awesome. I'm pretty stoked for the series. I like the cast. Reviews seem to point out that it got the camp/comedy and ultra-violence right with enough seriousness, which is what I was worried about. Hopefully it's great.

76 is terrible. They've patched the hell out of it. It still stinks. I went back to FO: NV a few weeks back in between my back catalog and it's still awesome. I'm pretty stoked for the series. I like the cast. Reviews seem to point out that it got the camp/comedy and ultra-violence right with enough seriousness, which is what I was worried about. Hopefully it's great.
New Vegas still holds up and it's a huge game. I played it a year or two ago and found some places I hadn't seen the first few times I played through.

NV is one of the GOATs, maybe because it was made by somebody other than Bethesda

Sad to see Bethesda drop the ball
I don't think Bethesda dropped the ball at all.

They contracted Obsidian Entertainment to make NV for them, and they made out quite well for a game they didn't have to invest anything in, and it allowed them to shift their focus back to the Elder Scrolls franchise. Win-win for Bethesda.

And when they built Fallout 4, they went with Skyrim's Creation game engine instead of Fallout 3/NV's Gamebryo engine.

Then Microsoft buys their parent company, yet Bethesda more or less is able to continue operating independently from Microsoft Gaming.

Sure, Fallout 76 sucked... but overall it seems like Bethesda keeps posting up win after win.

Any more info on that?

Its full of links but gives some idea maybe

How they managed to make goat fallout game in a year i dont know

Now im angry they had to rush it lol

I don't think Bethesda dropped the ball at all.

They contracted Obsidian Entertainment to make NV for them, and they made out quite well for a game they didn't have to invest anything in, and it allowed them to shift their focus back to the Elder Scrolls franchise. Win-win for Bethesda.

And when they built Fallout 4, they went with Skyrim's Creation game engine instead of Fallout 3/NV's Gamebryo engine.

Then Microsoft buys their parent company, yet Bethesda more or less is able to continue operating independently from Microsoft Gaming.

Sure, Fallout 76 sucked... but overall it seems like Bethesda keeps posting up win after win.
Obviously meant that the quality of their games tanked after fo3. I don't give a duck about their bottom line, fo4 and fo76 sucked

Crazy part is game was unfinished, theres so much cut content

They rushed it out in a year
That's not crazy at all

Constraints like that bring out the best in good people. The problem with making something for 5 years is that way too many people get involved and want to put their shitty stamp on it.

Looking forward to this because of Goggins.
I love the 2D Fallout games. Just never got into the 3D ones.

Mostly good reviews. Seems like as the outlets get more "professional" , the score dips.

4 episodes in and its fucking great
I watched the first 4 as well, really liking it! They pull few punches portraying how lawless and violent the wasteland can be, while feeling true to the game, at least in the Fallout 4 aesthetic and the dark humour we all love.

The productions values are top notch and the story so far has me intrigued.

Pretty much right off the bat there's a trans character, so I thought we could be in woke trouble, but fear not, the show is excellent so far.

I never had a doubt Walton would be awesome as the Ghoul, and he is, but the Lucy and Maximus characters are really well done. Lucy plays a fish out of water perfectly, gorgeous too, but the actor playing Maximus is the surprise stand out, great actor!

I can't wait to watch the rest!

Back