Fallout TV/Streaming Show

ModernMatt

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I recently did a youtube binge of the Fallout video game lore. I never played the games but was always curious and interested in the storyline.

While watching it, it made me think "if done right, this would make an awesome tv/streaming show", where the main character would find these different vaults. And learning about the experiments that happened in there.

For those who don't know, in the game, you find these different vaults...the big company that made these vaults would have secret experiments going on to the people inside of them.

For example, there was vault where they had 100 women and 1 man...and another one with 100 men and 1 woman.
Also had a vault of children raised by robots, and when they turn 16, would be removed from the vault.
or a vault where if you had a disagreement, then you would gamble (vegas style) to resolve who was right.

I thought it was interesting, here is one of the youtube videos:

The Vaults Of Fallout - Vaults 3 - 43 | Fallout Lore - YouTube

I believe a show is in production. Hulu...AppleTV...Prime...one of them streaming services is working on it.

Thats amazing! I would check out the show! I'm sure some production companies are looking to adopt more gaming stories onto tv with the success of The Last of Us adaptation.

But with the writers strike happening right now, i'm sure everything is at a halt

Thats amazing! I would check out the show! I'm sure some production companies are looking to adopt more gaming stories onto tv with the success of The Last of Us adaptation.

But with the writers strike happening right now, i'm sure everything is at a halt
It's supposed to come out in the first half of 2024 and it takes place at the vault that's in San Diego in the Fallout world.

It's supposed to come out in the first half of 2024 and it takes place at the vault that's in San Diego in the Fallout world.

I didn't hear about the San Diego part. That's awesome....

Especially given the relative proximity to New Vegas and even the Bay Area (FO2) ....

Especially given the relative proximity to New Vegas and even the Bay Area (FO2) ....
They posted a photo of a human in a vault suit and a ghoul smoking. There's a vault logo (number) behind them and it's the vault near the US/Mexico border outside of San Diego.

Been a fan of the franchise since FO2.

Perfect video game world for a TV series as it doesn't have one main character and they can make something completely new and in universe.

And they cast Walten Goggins who I love from the Shield

It could be cool, but they will ghey it up with Marxist bullshit, per usual. There will be a community of lgbtq+ ghouls being persecuted for putting on drag shows for elementary school students in Tenpenny Towers, Deathclaws who identify as bunny rabbits, vault dwellers who went insane and attacked everyone inside with dildos, etc. Could be a cool introspection on the nature of what caused this situation to arise (art about fears about global apocalypse because mankind cannot and will not stop trying to kill and enslave each other) and what that says about humanity, but we will get woke bullshit instead.

Been a fan of the franchise since FO2.

Perfect video game world for a TV series as it doesn't have one main character and they can make something completely new and in universe.

And they cast Walten Goggins who I love from the Shield

thats what i thought to, some vaults can take up multiple episodes, or take part in the wasteland.
Always liked the lore but never played the games...thank jesus for youtube so can learn about it.

but yeah, will check out the show for sure when it comes out :)

Amazon released an official image from the show awhile back. Showrunner is Jonathan Nolan (Westworld). So I have some tentative hope for it.

fallout_tv_show.0.jpeg

Amazon released an official image from the show awhile back. Showrunner is Jonathan Nolan (Westworld). So I have some tentative hope for it.

fallout_tv_show.0.jpeg

the photo lighting almost makes it look animation styles. But I'm excited! If amazon is doing it then you know they put some budget into it

They did a good job with the show. Perhaps this thread should be merged with the other one?

Looks like Los Angeles not San Diego.

Season starts at what looks like Santa Monica Pier and ends at Griffith Park.

What were you wanting from Fallout?

I have watched the entire show and I like it overall. They seemed too intent to make it fan-servicey that the trailer looked cartoonish. It looked more like an ad for Fallout 5 than a streaming show. They could've have taken the lore and made it more realistic.

I have watched the entire show and I like it overall. They seemed too intent to make it fan-servicey that the trailer looked cartoonish. It looked more like an ad for Fallout 5 than a streaming show. They could've have taken the lore and made it more realistic.

Funny enough, they billed this as Fallout 5 in a way since it gives a cannon ending to New Vegas and takes place after Fallout 4.

Back