Rumored "Famous Irish Sports Star" under investigation - sexual assaults (MEGA THREAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. What idiots, both of you. Bar the intro which is also different, both posts have polar opposite agendas, did you read both posts in full?

You said your in the whatsapp groups let us take a peak mate
One says don't listen to the rumours only listen to officially reported sources, the other does nothing but outline rumour without any source or critique of sources. By the way, everyone in Ireland has heard the same story as the link you are posting along with about 5 other versions of the story. Hence, you need to take all the rumours with a grain of salt.

Apparently the newsroom leak is leaving RTE open to a fine.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/...ssault-leaves-rte-open-to-data-fine-jphpf6gsz

"A newsroom memo that named a sports star in relation to allegations of sexual assault and was leaked and posted on social media has led RTE to notify the Data Protection Commission (DPC) of a data breach.

The DPC confirmed the notification from RTE and said it fell within the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), leaving the national broadcaster open to a fine."

I guess this means the leaked photo that names McGregor is legit?
This doesn't bode well..

Also, hi Sherdog. Just joined to add to the conversation.
I'm from Ireland, living in Dublin. As everyone else from Ireland has said, these rumours have been circulating since the incident happened. I just want to say, we Irish love a good story. Gossip is a massive part of everyday life in Ireland, and stories tend to become far removed from the truth. I would take most of the What's App messages and other rumours with a picogram of salt.

Not defending McGregor, by the way. Innocent until proven guilty. But if he is guilty, may he rot.

OK, thanks for the info. Lots of swirling rumors, lots going on, hard to tell what is what. The leak (or possible lie) was that Conor was cheating on Dee when she gave birth....so, possibly the shizzer hit the fan afterwards? I don't know. I do know that they are both financially tied in together with their businesses and a public split during all of this would be bad for their brand. Dee's timely IG response act the height of these rumors was peculiar, so Im not sure what it meant but it sounds like she heard the msgs loud and clear.
Hey, tell you what. I personally think rape allegations are true. But when you just act biased and subjectively like that it draws me away. You are not helping to the poor girl who was raped and creating a lot of speculations.

Everything so far

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190124-183924_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20190124-183924_Instagram.jpg
    953.4 KB · Views: 397
  • Screenshot_20190124-184359_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190124-184359_Chrome.jpg
    668.3 KB · Views: 355
  • Screenshot_20190124-184413_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190124-184413_Chrome.jpg
    429.4 KB · Views: 338
  • Screenshot_20190124-184515_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190124-184515_Chrome.jpg
    518.6 KB · Views: 374
  • Screenshot_20190124-184536_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190124-184536_Chrome.jpg
    844.9 KB · Views: 360
  • Screenshot_20190124-184710_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190124-184710_Chrome.jpg
    575 KB · Views: 371
  • Screenshot_20190124-184813_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190124-184813_Chrome.jpg
    500.6 KB · Views: 365
  • Screenshot_20190124-184841_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190124-184841_Chrome.jpg
    587.1 KB · Views: 372
  • Screenshot_20190125-121553_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190125-121553_Chrome.jpg
    674.4 KB · Views: 406
  • Screenshot_20190125-121556_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190125-121556_Chrome.jpg
    879.6 KB · Views: 341
The rest

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190125-121604_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190125-121604_Chrome.jpg
    724.1 KB · Views: 401
  • Screenshot_20190125-173816_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190125-173816_Chrome.jpg
    690.3 KB · Views: 397
  • Screenshot_20190125-174440_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190125-174440_Chrome.jpg
    348.9 KB · Views: 403
  • Screenshot_20190125-174516_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190125-174516_Chrome.jpg
    318.1 KB · Views: 387
  • Screenshot_20190126-154744_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190126-154744_Chrome.jpg
    934 KB · Views: 392
  • Screenshot_20190127-012049_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190127-012049_Chrome.jpg
    703.3 KB · Views: 328
as far as i read its only tested for in competition, cocaine use is not actually banned out of competition i read, it prob should be though as it gives confidence and probably helps training as a result
Yeah. A drug is a drug. Im ok with them testing for everything aside for Weed for out of competition.

Interesting.. so this poor innocent girl is hanging with Ward cronies and has a kid with Kinehan affiliate?
The boyfriend just so happens to be the lad from the hassle in the blackforge, the hitman I’m guessing, and got invited to Conor’s mams house..!?
Also, bit weird she approached him if her fella was a lad that had beef with Conor

It’ll be tough to top this one

If Tubs gets booted then will start to believe it
So three separate articles about Tubridy today, no p45

For those at home cocaine is banned in competition as it could be performance enhancing, it is not tested for out of competition because it's a waste of a ban over a party drug

Interesting.. so this poor innocent girl is hanging with Ward cronies and has a kid with Kinehan affiliate?
The boyfriend just so happens to be the lad from the hassle in the blackforge, the hitman I’m guessing, and got invited to Conor’s mams house..!?
Also, bit weird she approached him if her fella was a lad that had beef with Conor

It’ll be tough to top this one

If Tubs gets booted then will start to believe it
So three separate articles about Tubridy today, no p45

the Tubridy thing is just horsehit - very little chance of that being true - someone was just having the craic creating bullshit whatsapp messages .

Apparently the newsroom leak is leaving RTE open to a fine.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/...ssault-leaves-rte-open-to-data-fine-jphpf6gsz

"A newsroom memo that named a sports star in relation to allegations of sexual assault and was leaked and posted on social media has led RTE to notify the Data Protection Commission (DPC) of a data breach.

The DPC confirmed the notification from RTE and said it fell within the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), leaving the national broadcaster open to a fine."

I guess this means the leaked photo that names McGregor is legit?
This doesn't bode well..

Also, hi Sherdog. Just joined to add to the conversation.
I'm from Ireland, living in Dublin. As everyone else from Ireland has said, these rumours have been circulating since the incident happened. I just want to say, we Irish love a good story. Gossip is a massive part of everyday life in Ireland, and stories tend to become far removed from the truth. I would take most of the What's App messages and other rumours with a picogram of salt.

Not defending McGregor, by the way. Innocent until proven guilty. But if he is guilty, may he rot.

This is bad news for McG and much more significant than that babble on WhatsApp.

Between this and the the article in the weekly edition of the Times UK it is damn near proof that the RTE memo is real. You do not notify the Data Protection Commission of a breach when something is a forgery. The Times is a broadsheet, they would need two sources to confirm this. Obviously mistakes are made in the media, but RTE would not let this stand if it was defamatory (and if the Times are wrong it surely would be).

Original Times UK article
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/rt-memo-names-sex-assault-star-25mc82mtv
The article discussed above

This tallies with reports that it is a famous sports star. This is reported in actual newspapers not just tabloids (Irish papers ranked in terms of reliability below).
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/cri...-raped-in-dublin-hotel-by-sportsman-1.3727370
https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/sports-star-raped-me-in-penthouse-accuser-claims-37618251.html
https://www.herald.ie/news/woman-ra...uffered-severe-hiding-in-attack-37617853.html
https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/rape-irish-sports-star-dublin-13722977
https://www.thesun.ie/news/3516984/irish-sports-star-rape-allegation-makes-contact-gardai/

It has also been reported that the individual was arrested, this also backs up the RTE leak.
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/cri...-over-alleged-sex-assault-in-dublin-1.3762529
https://www.independent.ie/irish-ne...-sexual-assault-at-dublin-hotel-37724422.html

I think it is fair to conclude that, to a very high degree of probability, McGregor is either the accused or accused of being implicated in some significant way. Most likely the accused due to media only reporting one individual was arrested.

As to what happened exactly, or should I say what can be proved to have happened beyond reasonable doubt, will be up to physical evidence and how credible the witnesses are ect.

Last edited:
I should also say that if the sports star is just some random rugby player on 300k a year he gets named when they report the leek, 100%. The cat is out of the bag, if McG's name is on the headline this becomes scoop of the year. There is almost certainly an injunction in place in the UK that prevents him being named.

Do injunctions exist in the USA or would that be a 1st amendment issue?

There could possibly be a super injunction in place, filed by an alleged unnamed MMA star. The offender was reportedly cautioned in respect of the offence, but not arrested. If the Gardai arrest you, then they are formally pressing charges and you get a charge sheet on release from their custody.

The alleged MMA star has reportedly declared that the sexual relations were consensual, so DNA is out. File is supposedly with the DPP to decide whether to prosecute.

A garda from the Bridewell Station that I don't know did not inform me that the accused beat the absolute sh#t out of the alleged victim, who is alleged to have had numerous marks on her in the immediate aftermath.

The bag is a distant memory to the cat.

oh, I watched the whole fight at 5am in the morning like everyone else. And several time since.

I saw McTap get smashed up like never before, despite all his big boasts before the fight. He was pathetic and certainly not manly.
What are you talking about, this 5am stuff.

He took a chance, walked in there with a undefeated fighter (yet again), a weight class above, and fought like a man.

He takes more challenges than any other fighter, That is what a man does, most other fighters are just bullies who don't take risks.

What are you talking about, this 5am stuff.

He took a chance, walked in there with a undefeated fighter (yet again), a weight class above, and fought like a man.

He takes more challenges than any other fighter, That is what a man does, most other fighters are just bullies who don't take risks.
Mac believes his own BS, thats his biggest handicap

Mac believes his own BS, thats his biggest handicap
If you take chances you will lose, but that is just the type of fighters I like to watch because you don't know who is going to win.
It is more entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back