Media Fans voted for Usman to fight at MW, Nassourdine Imavov sends him a welcoming

With his wrestling not what it once was, I see him struggling to put a win streak together.

That said, I'd rather see him put some weight on and go to 185lbs for real. Lots of fresh match ups for him up there.

Last edited:
With his wrestling not what it once was, I see him struggling to put a win streak together.

That said, I'd rather see him go to 185lbs for reak. Lots of fresh match ups for him up there.
He took down Edwards 9 times in two fights, so it's still on a very high level

Imavov's clinching didn't look that good vs Dolidze. I don't think Usman is the best match-up
Paulo Costa vs Imavov would be better for Imavov

Usman was in a good position at WW, but with his momentum fully stalled there and a short future, 185 is probably the best option for new life.

Only real reason to stay at 175 would be hoping Leon gets ousted while jumping at the chance to either fight Shavkat, or Belal if he's somehow leapfrogged over for the next shot. Even though he  should be taking a step back to fight the Luques, JDMs, Wonderboys, or Neal's of his division, I'm not sure he has that kind of time to build up from there

Nah I want him to fight Belal at WW. He would never fight Izzy at MW anyway so he shouldn’t move up

Cool. There's more to wrestling than takedowns. His wrestling used to be better than it is now.
Still leaps better than most, so this reduction won't seriously hinder him.

And yeah, takedowns are kind of a big part of wrestling

Isn't he too small for 185? Imagine what someone like Costa would do.

it's the same thing i said, but it seems the general concensus is that he's better off at 185lbs because he's getting older and fresh matchups. i don't think anyone seriously thinks he's going to contend for a title at MW.

Back