Media Fans voted for Usman to fight at MW, Nassourdine Imavov sends him a welcoming

it's the same thing i said, but it seems the general concensus is that he's better off at 185lbs because he's getting older and fresh matchups. i don't think anyone seriously thinks he's going to contend for a title at MW.
The thing is that we haven’t seen him have a camp to prepare for MW. He can bulk up a little. It’ll be interesting to see who he fights. I’ll have a better opinion once I know the opponent.

I’m worried about his confidence. Usman looked timid in his last 2 fights even when he was in advantageous positions he sorta let Khamzat and Edward’s off the hook.

Chris Curtis would be a good test to see how confident Usman is against a stout but not elite test.

it's the same thing i said, but it seems the general concensus is that he's better off at 185lbs because he's getting older and fresh matchups. i don't think anyone seriously thinks he's going to contend for a title at MW.
off subject but
Holy crap i just looked at your join date.....<Eek2.0>
1708753147896.png
all i just wanna say Is that i salute you. im not sure your stances and we might not
even ever agree on subjects but i salute to you cause its surreal to see a user still active from way back then.
i just cant get over the fact that
in 2003 i was playing with Pokemon and WWF dolls, using the slow dial up dsl internet to go on AOL
...... wow the date you joined was near late 2002 which is 1 year removed from the trade center attacks
Which is crazy to think about. sorry to change subjects but man.
Man. it was such a different time back then wasnt it
<2> the good days

Last edited:
give him strickland robert or Jared
and winner gets title shot.
Izzy and usman will never fight so dont nobody even mention it.
I the woke warrior will see to that. even if it comes to me and dana coming to blows

LoL so he's getting older and he's still too small. Recipe for disaster.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if Usman beat him.

Most of the guys at 85 can’t wrestle well. Usman might be able to take them down instead of playing fence pusher. They are bigger than him though.

"Ya'll"

Grow up, Marty
Since there isn't a clear plural form of "you" in English, various different English speaking regions have different tendencies for signifying a plural "you". None of them are better or worse than the others. Y'all, you guys, you lot, yous, etc.

Usman is relatively technical, strategic, and fun (considering the former two qualities) fighter to watch.
I say give him fun winnable matchups at MW. He has more than “earned” a some decent low risk paydays.

All that said, if he can go on a tear then it’s be great to see the old man fight for a belt in what might be a more natural weight class.

I do believe that he’s too long in the tooth to be taking short notice fights, though.

I’m worried about his confidence. Usman looked timid in his last 2 fights even when he was in advantageous positions he sorta let Khamzat and Edward’s off the hook.

Chris Curtis would be a good test to see how confident Usman is against a stout but not elite test.

I think Curtis would piece Usman up, his takedown defense is pretty solid.

You disapprove of regional dialects?
Like he’d immigrate to a new country and then be one of those people who just stay in their little enclave w/o adopting the local vernacular.
Dude would’ve ended up a doctor instead of chasing GSP’s ATWWGOAT status.

I think Curtis would piece Usman up, his takedown defense is pretty solid.
I’d have to go back and watch more of Curtis’ fights; but I’d favor his speed over Usman’s.

I also have it in my mind that Usman sits down on his punches a bit better, though.

I like this match-up

Take out Stricklands henchman to gain the attention of a rematch against Sean

He has to carve his path at MW instead of hitting it head-on

The question is what does Usman really want?

If, after his loss from Chimaev, he truly believes that he has a realistic chance to „expose the weak“ MW division and get the belt, he should take the best shortcut he can!

If hes there for some fun and money, then take the easiest possible moneyfights!

I can't imagine him doing well at 185, he's not that big. I don't even think he'd beat guys like Vettori or Hermannson

Back