Fantastic Beasts : Crimes of Grindelwad

MicroBrew

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
I looked through a couple of pages but did not see a thread on this recent movie @Dragonlordxxxxx

I saw this last weekend ; had to take the nephew & niece. It's an alright movie but nowhere near the Harry Potter movies for set design, direction, plot and script.

The opening sequences was very hard to follow with it being dark, fast action , momentary lightning . It was too chaotic.

Middle of it dragged. But I enjoyed it overall. Not sure if I’ll watch it again.

Terrible movie. I actually thought the first one was alright but they did everything worse in this one.

Sad. Hard to make a crappy movie in that universe.

At first I thought it said fantastic breasts.

I’ll see myself out now.

Terrible movie. I actually thought the first one was alright but they did everything worse in this one.

I actually liked the first one pretty good so that's sad. I've only seen the first 3 or so Harry Potters but I wasn't a fan I was just in like middle school and had friends who wanted to see it. Thought Fantastic Beast was way better.

I saw this, I like the idea of an expanded universe around Harry Potter, they built great characters and mythology, but this movie was not very good. The real problem was that 90% of the movie was people standing still, talking with their arms by their sides. These characters are holding magic wands, there’s no need for them to be so still. Abracadabra some shit, it makes the story seem more dynamic

Last edited:
I thoroughly enjoyed it

Would bang nagini

I saw this, I like the idea of an expanded universe around Harry Potter, they built great characters and mythology, but this movie was not very good. The real problem was that 90% of the movie was people standing still, talking with their arms by their sides. These characters are holding magic wands, there’s no need for them to be so still. Abracadabra some shit, it makes the story seem more dynamic
Nail on head.

There's gonna be five of these, I think I heard. But it's totally paced like television. Nothing got resolved to any degree of satisfaction, and the characters outside of Grindewald were all at half charisma. The only great stuff apparently was the world building, and I'm not familiar enough to be bowled over by what's a name being related to who's that there.

Don't ruin Queenie for me, JK. And no that's NOT a just kidding!

meh, didn't like any of the harry films either.

It was better than the first one, but not that great still. I think they're trying hard to impress people with how amazing these "fantastic beasts" are. like we're supposed to say whoooaaahh that's awesome every time they show one. People know they are just cgi, and they can do anything with cgi these days.

Enjoyed it

Set the grounds for the next movie

Some questions answered .. Some left unanswered

For the next one, JK Rowling's getting script help from the guy who adapted the HP novels. Thank god. David Yates, who is one of the killer directors in 3D is returning. It'll be set in Rio de Janeiro, each installment featuring a new metropolis. We've got plennnnnty of time.

Meanwhile, since I shamelessly adore the style of these films. PBTeen's doing theme furniture. I'd totally get this mirror.

fantastic-beasts-art-deco-mirror-c.jpg

Back