Movies FANTASTIC FOUR (Ralph Ineson Cast as Galactus, post #753)

He's not Mexican. And why does nationality matter? The 2004 Mr Fantastic was played by a guy from Wales, I don't recall that being an issue

Let's face it, the majority of fans are watching the FF for one reason: Doctor Doom. If Feige wants Pascal because the team would be too white otherwise, and Sue Storm is to be the main character, fine. No one really cares. Just give us Doom done right and you'll need a fleet of trucks to carry away all the money we throw at you.

Let's face it, the majority of fans are watching the FF for one reason: Doctor Doom. If Feige wants Pascal because the team would be too white otherwise, and Sue Storm is to be the main character, fine. No one really cares. Just give us Doom done right and you'll need a fleet of trucks to carry away all the money we throw at you.
You don't think Pascal is white?

just had a 2-hour long discussion w/ my friend over fantasy casting a new F4 movie. this was our final ballot (sans Doom because we agreed that it’s a role fit for any unassuming, elder statesman to take hold of & absolutely dominate, after months of online pissbabies whining about the casting):

Mr. F:
Bill Hader
l-intro-1634780196.jpg

Sue:
Mia Goth
MV5BOTZmN2M5YmItMzU0YS00YWU4LTkwMmItY2YxYjlmZWZiM2JlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODUxNjcxNjE@._V1_.jpg

Torch:
Simon Rex
FNNRDiuUcAEAQw4.jpg

Benjamin Grimm:
Richard Kind lmao
Reiss-MoviesBetterWithRichardKind.jpg

If they fuck this up I will be 100% done with the MCU. My ability to be easily entertained by them is gone.

You're not done with the MCU already?

After 6+ 'meh' movies, at best, another shitty Fantastic Four movie (there's already been three) will be your breaking point?

I'm so thankful I Endgame was my series finale & No Way Home was my epilogue.

I feel like Pedro Pascal is the whitest actor Disney can lean on while still declaring diversity.

Update: February 14, 2024

It's Official: Pedro Pascal, Vanessa Kirby, Ebon Moss-Bachrach and Joseph Quinn to Star in Marvel Studios' FANTASTIC FOUR Movie

Pedro-Pascal-Vanessa-Kirby-Ebon-Moss-Bachrach-and-Joseph-Quinn-Split-Getty-H-2024.jpg

Marvel Studios has found its Fantastic Four. Pedro Pascal, Vanessa Kirby, Ebon Moss-Bachrach, and Joseph Quinn will star as the heroes in The Fantastic Four feature.

Pascal was previously reported to star as Reed Richard/Mr. Fantastic, while the others had been heavily rumored in recent months. Kirby will star as Sue Storm/The Invisible Woman, while Joseph Quinn will play her brother, Johnny Storm/The Human Torch and Moss-Bachrach will star as Ben Grimm/The Thing.

The casting caps years of speculation over who might play the team. The film has a new release date of July 25, 2025 and hails from WandaVision director Matt Shakman. Jeff Kaplan and Ian Springer penned draft of the script, with Avatar: The Way of Water scribe Josh Friedman working on the latest version.

Also on Wednesday, Disney announced it is pushing back the release date of Fantastic Four from May 5, 2025, to July 25, 2025. It’s not a surprise considering the cast hadn’t been finalized until. But Marvel isn’t giving up on the prime May date, which is considered the start of the summer box office season. Fantastic Four essentially swapped dates with the anti-hero centric Thunderbolts, which now opens in theaters on May 5.

Fantastic Four has been among Marvel’s more anticipated films, perhaps because its team has never been done justice on the big screen. Roger Corman produced a low-rent version in 1994 that was never released, while Fox and director Tim Story released a pair of films in 2005 and 2007 that received a mixed response and starred Ioan Gruffudd, Jessica Alba, future MCU actor Chris Evans and Michael Chiklis. In 2015, Fox attempted to revive the franchise under director Josh Trank to disastrous results. A few years after that, Disney acquired Fox, opening the door for the Fantastic Four to enter the MCU.

The Fantastic Four are a cornerstone of the Marvel mythos, with writer Stan Lee and artist Jack Kirby introducing hte team in 1961’s Fantastic Four No. 1, the comic that would launch the Marvel Universe.

The casting for the super team has closely watched — and speculated about — with fancastings running rampant online. John Krasinski played a version of Reed Richards in May 2022’s Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness who was quickly killed off.

Update: February 14, 2024

Pedro Pascal, Vanessa Kirby, Ebon Moss-Bachrach and Joseph Quinn to Star in Marvel Studios' FANTASTIC FOUR Movie

Pedro-Pascal-Vanessa-Kirby-Ebon-Moss-Bachrach-and-Joseph-Quinn-Split-Getty-H-2024.jpg

Marvel Studios has found its Fantastic Four. Pedro Pascal, Vanessa Kirby, Ebon Moss-Bachrach, and Joseph Quinn will star as the heroes in The Fantastic Four feature.

Pascal was previously reported to star as Reed Richard/Mr. Fantastic, while the others had been heavily rumored in recent months. Kirby will star as Sue Storm/The Invisible Woman, while Joseph Quinn will play her brother, Johnny Storm/The Human Torch and Moss-Bachrach will star as Ben Grimm/The Thing.

The casting caps years of speculation over who might play the team. The film has a new release date of July 25, 2025 and hails from WandaVision director Matt Shakman. Jeff Kaplan and Ian Springer penned draft of the script, with Avatar: The Way of Water scribe Josh Friedman working on the latest version.

Also on Wednesday, Disney announced it is pushing back the release date of Fantastic Four from May 5, 2025, to July 25, 2025. It’s not a surprise considering the cast hadn’t been finalized until. But Marvel isn’t giving up on the prime May date, which is considered the start of the summer box office season. Fantastic Four essentially swapped dates with the anti-hero centric Thunderbolts, which now opens in theaters on May 5.

Fantastic Four has been among Marvel’s more anticipated films, perhaps because its team has never been done justice on the big screen. Roger Corman produced a low-rent version in 1994 that was never released, while Fox and director Tim Story released a pair of films in 2005 and 2007 that received a mixed response and starred Ioan Gruffudd, Jessica Alba, future MCU actor Chris Evans and Michael Chiklis. In 2015, Fox attempted to revive the franchise under director Josh Trank to disastrous results. A few years after that, Disney acquired Fox, opening the door for the Fantastic Four to enter the MCU.

The Fantastic Four are a cornerstone of the Marvel mythos, with writer Stan Lee and artist Jack Kirby introducing hte team in 1961’s Fantastic Four No. 1, the comic that would launch the Marvel Universe.

The casting for the super team has closely watched — and speculated about — with fancastings running rampant online. John Krasinski played a version of Reed Richards in May 2022’s Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness who was quickly killed off.

Not a bad cast, but I don't see anything in that line up to make me believe this will finally break the FF Curse, either.

Back