Movies FANTASTIC FOUR (Ralph Ineson Cast as Galactus, post #753)

The MCU was built using lesser known actors, relying on characters and strong writing. This does not bode well for the F4 movie at all, or for Disney learning any kind of lesson but throw more money at it.

It's about time they put in a trans woman in one of these. Hopefully they make The Thing trans.

If they don't put some trans-representation, there will be a spate of trans- Marvel fan suicides.

lol just read on bookface, so probably not vetted.
But its going to be about sue storm and portray reed richards in a negative light.

lol
just do something cool.
build up Dr Doom.

or.
Fantastic Four/X-men Cross over...ONSLAUGHT!

they need to go back to the formula that worked building this last major story arch. great action and lots of humor. i dont think i could ever watch another story arch with super heroes that did not have humor in them. its a fantastic combination and i would watch every single one they put out if they do it that way.

When they fuck this up I will be 100% done with the MCU. My ability to be easily entertained by them is gone.

Fixed that for you, old friend. No need to thank me. ;)

Apparently, Feige wanted Pascal for Richards because the rest of the FF cast are, "too white". So they've learned nothing from the Epic Fail of The Marvels. :rolleyes:

they need to go back to the formula that worked building this last major story arch. great action and lots of humor. i dont think i could ever watch another story arch with super heroes that did not have humor in them. its a fantastic combination and i would watch every single one they put out if they do it that way.

To each their own, of course, but I disagree. Winter Soldier is one of the best MCU movies. Some fans rate it as the franchise GOAT. But there are hardly any jokes. Black Widow, Cap and even Dr Zola get a few snarky comments, but for the most part it's played dead straight.

This is because Winter Soldier is a Spy/Conspiracy Thriller, so it would not be appropriate to have the characters make Tony Stark-style zingers every five minutes.

The amount and type of humour needs to be adjusted to the specific movie. One size does not fit all.

It's about time they put in a trans woman in one of these. Hopefully they make The Thing trans.

If they don't put some trans-representation, there will be a spate of trans- Marvel fan suicides.

Doctor Doom will identify as non-Binary and they/them hates Reed Richards because Mr Fantastic didn't use the correct pronouns. ;)

That formula doesnt always work, forcing humor is what ruined Thor : Love And Thunder, if they wouldve kept the dark serious tone of the Christian Bale scenes throughout the whole film it wouldve been so much better and much less of a disaster

I feel like it's time for Marvel to do something truly left field to reinvigorate their universe. Like, give the Fantastic Four to the Cohen Brothers or X-Men to Tarantino - or even better see if they could get Alfonoso Cuarón interested in movies again and let him work his magic.

They need fresh ideas and a new way of looking at super hero material.
Wes Anderson X-Men

That formula doesnt always work, forcing humor is what ruined Thor : Love And Thunder, if they wouldve kept the dark serious tone of the Christian Bale scenes throughout the whole film it wouldve been so much better and much less of a disaster
Humor is NOT what ruined war and thunder. That movie had all kinds of problems beyond that like talking about orgies in a movie people being their kids too...... That movie was a shit show ona ma
ny levels.

If they keep humor in the movies and the storytelling remains high level along with the character building etc I'll watch every single one they put out.

By the end of phase 3, it felt like 90% of Tony and Quill's dialogue were just one liner quips in their snarky tone. It really got old that they couldn't just have conversations that weren't some kind of joke

He's not Mexican. And why does nationality matter? The 2004 Mr Fantastic was played by a guy from Wales, I don't recall that being an issue
Lol, you got had. I know he is Chilean. It doesn’t matter. I was just beating everyone to the punch. In other words, I was being sarcastic.

Lol, you got had. I know he is Chilean. It doesn’t matter. I was just beating everyone to the punch. In other words, I was being sarcastic.
Well it's sherdog. People were saying the same thing seriously when The Last of Us came out. Hard to sus out sarcasm on the internet

Like Pascal but he is worse than Driver on that role. If they don't knock F4 outta park Marvel is done. F4 is the most important story for the next arcs everything flows from that and F4 should have been first thing focused on from moment they bought it.

Casting has to be great and sorry must be great. This is the story you DO NOT CHECK BOXES ON . This fails the Disney agenda won't matter as Marvel will be dead. Need right Doom, right Thing, right Reed....... an right story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brendan The Hybrid Schaub
Back