Movies FANTASTIC FOUR (Ralph Ineson Cast as Galactus, post #753)

Statistically, I'm still right. Good for her, though. Glad she got a win.
how exactly does Margot Robbie sink franchises? she’s only been attached to one franchise, & the first one performed extremely well at the box office, the next one nobody asked for, & the third one was released on HBO MAX the same day as theaters during the pandemic.

i’d say your statistics are flawed, at best.

Update: November 17, 2023

Pedro Pascal in Talks as Reed Richards in Marvel Studios' FANTASTIC FOUR Movie

VKa6H9v.jpg

Marvel Studios is homing in on a Mr. Fantastic. Pedro Pascal is in talks to star as Reed Richards in Fantastic Four, marking perhaps the most significant casting move since the end of the actors strike earlier this month.

Sources say scheduling is a factor in whether the deal will work out, and the current status of the talks is unclear. Marvel had no comment. The genre-centric journalist Daniel Richtman first reported the news of Pascal’s casting on his Patreon account.

For more than a year, speculation has run rampant over who will star in Fantastic Four, and Pascal’s casting would give Marvel a popular and notable star in the franchise as it seeks to move beyond the Infinity Saga-era stable of actors.

Pascal is is the star of The Last of Us, the breakout HBO series that has a season two in the works, as well as Disney+’s The Mandalorian. And he is due to report back to the set of Ridley Scott’s Gladiator 2, which shut down amid the actors strike. He previously starred as the villain of Warner Bros.’ and DC’s Wonder Woman 1984 and in Kingsman: The Golden Circle.

There are still three key roles to cast in Fantastic Four: The Invisible Woman, The Thing and The Human Torch.

WandaVision director Matt Shakman is at the helm of the film, due out May 2, 2025. Jeff Kaplan and Ian Springer penned draft of the script, with Avatar: The Way of Water scribe Josh Friedman and Cameron Squires also working on the script.

Attachments

• pedro-pascal-being-eyed-for-fantastic-fours-reed-richards-01.jpg
    pedro-pascal-being-eyed-for-fantastic-fours-reed-richards-01.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Strong possibility for the rest of the cast:

Vanessa Kirby (The Crown) as Invisible Woman
Joseph Quinn (Stranger Things) as Human Torch
Ebon Moss-Bachrach (The Bear) as Thing

Rumors:
Mads Mikkelsen, Ralph Fiennes, Jason Clarke as Doctor Doom
Javier Bardem, Antonio Banderas as Galactus

This reads like a fan just picked the cast based on who is in recent TV shows that they have watched.

Mikkelsen and Fiennes are great in villain roles but isn’t that kinda played out by now?

Banderas would be hilarious as Galactus, I hope that happens.

Disney still not learning the lessons from The Marvels cluster-fuck. You want the fan's money? Give them what they want on screen.

If you polled the fans as to Mr Fantastic's casting, John Krasinski would be #1 on a list of one. Convince Emily Blunt to play Sue Storm/Invisible Woman as well, and the box office results would look like the scene in Scarface where Tony and his crew make so much money selling cocaine, they have to carry duffle bags filled with cash into the bank.

Instead, they wasted Krasinski in Multiverse of Madness, making the Smartest Man in the World - sit down, Doom! - into a moron who gets his most powerful teammate killed before being turned into spaghetti himself by Wanda. It was so bad, it felt like a deliberate, "fuck you!" to the fans.

According to rumour, Feige wanted Pascal because the original line up of actors considered for the FF was, "too white" and he demanded diversity. If that's true, the MCU is doomed. And not in the cool, sexy, Victor von kind of way. Content creators need to understand they are not politicians. The majority of fans don't give one tenth of a fuck about how strongly you believe in equality, social justice, etc. We just want to watch good actors in well written and directed movies.

FFS, the way things are right now, the last thing we want to be reminded of are real world problems. We want escapism. We want the good guys(and girls)to prevail against all the odds.

You want to change the world? Run for high political office. You want our money? Make the kind of films we want to see, not the kind you think we should.

Now dance for us, trained monkeys! Dance! :p

A Mexican Mr. Fantasic? Too woke for me. Is he going to be called Senior Fantasctico? Jeez.

Actually kind of genius, if the leaks about Susan Storm being the lead character in the FF movie are true. Pascal will be used to being side-lined by powerful female characters after the third season of Mandalorian.

TBF, I don't really have a problem with Sue Storm being the main character, as long as they cast the right actress in the role. In the comics, it's been canon for some time that Invisible Woman is the most powerful member of the OG Fantastic Four. To the point where Wolverine himself regards her as the only member of the team who's a real threat to him. And she does indeed kick his ass in that story(Enemy of the State).

Pedro Pascal is really good, but he's in his late 40'ies and looks pretty old. He'd be in his 50'ies well before the first film hit the screen. You'd think they would want to cast younger so the actor and role can meld together over time. It's a pretty tough role to cast, to be fair: the actor needs to radiate intelligence, but apart from that, there isn't much of a personality in the comic version to work with. They need someone with the chops to make it their own.

Rumors:
Mads as Dr. Doom would be magnificent.

He was already in Dr. Strange tho...

Pedro Pascal is really good, but he's in his late 40'ies and looks pretty old. He'd be in his 50'ies well before the first film hit the screen. You'd think they would want to cast younger so the actor and role can meld together over time. It's a pretty tough role to cast, to be fair: the actor needs to radiate intelligence, but apart from that, there isn't much of a personality in the comic version to work with. They need someone with the chops to make it their own.
Need the grey hair. Isn't he supposed to be middle aged anyway?

Mads as Dr. Doom would be magnificent.

He was already in Dr. Strange tho...

They'll probably body-swerve the Origin Story anyway, so Doom will be wearing his iconic mask the whole time.

Mads

Rumors:

Mads Mikkelsen and Ralph Fiennes are two of the best actors working, and have proven track records of playing iconic Big Bads. The problem I have is their age. Mads turns 58 this month and Ralph is 60. Doom is a character you want to stick around for a decade or more, just like Thanos did.

I'd rather they went with Cillian Murphy for that reason.

Disney still not learning the lessons from The Marvels cluster-fuck. You want the fan's money? Give them what they want on screen.

If you polled the fans as to Mr Fantastic's casting, John Krasinski would be #1 on a list of one. Convince Emily Blunt to play Sue Storm/Invisible Woman as well, and the box office results would look like the scene in Scarface where Tony and his crew make so much money selling cocaine, they have to carry duffle bags filled with cash into the bank.

Instead, they wasted Krasinski in Multiverse of Madness, making the Smartest Man in the World - sit down, Doom! - into a moron who gets his most powerful teammate killed before being turned into spaghetti himself by Wanda. It was so bad, it felt like a deliberate, "fuck you!" to the fans.

According to rumour, Feige wanted Pascal because the original line up of actors considered for the FF was, "too white" and he demanded diversity. If that's true, the MCU is doomed. And not in the cool, sexy, Victor von kind of way. Content creators need to understand they are not politicians. The majority of fans don't give one tenth of a fuck about how strongly you believe in equality, social justice, etc. We just want to watch good actors in well written and directed movies.

FFS, the way things are right now, the last thing we want to be reminded of are real world problems. We want escapism. We want the good guys(and girls)to prevail against all the odds.

You want to change the world? Run for high political office. You want our money? Make the kind of films we want to see, not the kind you think we should.

Now dance for us, trained monkeys! Dance! :p
I saw rumor that actors like Driver and Gylenhall asked for a lot of money and Krasinski refused because he wants to be a director (and producer and writer?) so he doesn’t want to shoot multiple times every year.
I am pretty sure that rumours that Richards-Storm will be a married couple with children are circulating for quite some time.

Pretty sure they've stated Marvels first family will be interracial now
That’s a big surprise it’s not like every other movie doesn’t do that these days . Lol

I get it , but it’s to the point of getting ridiculous now and just on marvel alone they really are ruining the franchise and the original characters , I get guys like Nick Fury are better with the change but they are going over board . Create new characters , I mean why not get Bradley Cooper to play Black Panther while we’re at it and he could be bi sexual and totally fit the bill . Lol

I’d never thought I’d see the day where I prefer the DC movies most the time . Smh

I would normally shit on the F4 movies because those movies were so bad and the comic books were nothing special however Pedro in this one interest me. Hes everywehre now including the new Gladiator 2 movie.

Last edited:
Back