International Far right Argentinian political candidate Javier Milei has mental breakdown during TV interview

He's not far-right, he's a libertarian.

To be fair, in social-democratic countries with a lot of nationalisation of infrastructure, utilities, banking and extensive public safety nets, healthcare and education, Libertarianism often IS the far-right (especially when combined with social conservatism or reactionary politics).
I'm just not sure whether Argentina had reached that point with renationalisation in the 2000s after the neoliberalism and privatisation of the '80s and '90s.

dubbed version lol

I have seen some crazy shit from politicians but this guy is literally hearing voices in his head and complaining about the crowd while in an empty room.

Trump's got this, but the voices constantly tell how everything he does or thinks is the best thing anyone ever did or thought, by a big margin.

Based on the dub version it seems rather unclear to me if he was referring to literal voices in his ear or his head. It sounds like he could be referring to voices in the media and the public discourse distorting his message and muddying up the issues.

Knowing the way the leftist media tells lies and twists words to make people look crazy I'm highly skeptical that he was actually claiming to be hearing voices. Could just be your typical leftist propaganda.

Hi, Javier.

Hope you're feeling better.

Liberals think anyone right of Bernie is far right.

Looking at more of his campaigning, and he might have gotten the far-right label less for his libertarian economics than for his apologism for Videla and downplaying the regime's murders (to paraphrase, "I'm not defending the regime, but they didn't kill 30,000 only 8,000 and the ERP and Montoneros killed 13,000").
His running mate is also a daughter of the regime.

Rough choice on November 19th when a country in perpetual economic collapse, with 138.3% annual inflation, has a leadership choice between this guy's right-wing populist libertarian approach (literally campaigning on "cutting it all down" with a chainsaw prop) and the current Minister of Economy.
You sure acute mental illness will still lose him the election?

Looking at more of his campaigning, and he might have gotten the far-right label less for his libertarian economics than for his apologism for Videla and downplaying the regime's murders (to paraphrase, "I'm not defending the regime, but they didn't kill 30,000 only 8,000 and the ERP and Montoneros killed 13,000").
His running mate is also a daughter of the regime.

Rough choice on November 19th when a country in perpetual economic collapse, with 138.3% annual inflation, has a leadership choice between this guy's right-wing populist libertarian approach (literally campaigning on "cutting it all down" with a chainsaw prop) and the current Minister of Economy.
You sure acute mental illness will still lose him the election?

F8PLih4WwAAd5cl

Most of his voters are young. They are angry at the covid response it seems from what I have read.

I don't think young people care if they have a literal lunatic in office as long as they are not forced to wear masks.

Life must be hard in Argentina when they don't have any minorities to blame for their problems.

F8PLih4WwAAd5cl

Most of his voters are young. They are angry at the covid response it seems from what I have read.

I don't think young people care if they have a literal lunatic in office as long as they are not forced to wear masks.

Life must be hard in Argentina when they don't have any minorities to blame for their problems.

Well you saw the considerable populist voter crossover between Bernie Sanders, Ron Paul and Trump, which clearly isn't a matter of political ideology, personality or competence.
The anti-incumbent advantage during economic crisis is also pretty huge.
Not sure how relevant the politics of the late '70s and early '80s still is to someone born in '93 or later, although I would have thought their parents would have informed them about Videla and the Dirty War.
I don't know any Argentines (nor speak Spanish), but I thought it was a pretty formative historical period.
Don't know how political statements about climate change and "cultural marxist" conspiracies, being in favour of criminal prosecution of abortion for 10 year old rape victims (when specifically asked about that scenario) or calling (Argentine) Pope Francis a "Filthy Leftist" plays out in Argentina either.
Reading more about him though, and it's clear he's not just being labelled far-right for proposing libertarian economics, even though it is counter to the country's post-2003 economic direction (still hard for me to get an idea of how far that had progressed given their economic state).

dubbed version lol

I have seen some crazy shit from politicians but this guy is literally hearing voices in his head and complaining about the crowd while in an empty room.

Wait , that's a current politician?

I've seen his pic pop up but assumed it was from the seventies...

Wait , that's a current politician?

I've seen his pic pop up but assumed it was from the seventies...

He started his career 2 years ago and is nearly the top dog. He started doing TV debates and became famous.

The guys is definitively not right in the head, but he was complaining about murmuring behind the cameras, which is something that could be true since its a close set so any murmuring would be audible to someone there but not picked up by the microphones.

The guy is clearly losing it though, glad he won't be president because otherwise Peronism would blame him for the coming catastrophe.

The guys is definitively not right in the head, but he was complaining about murmuring behind the cameras, which is something that could be true since its a close set so any murmuring would be audible to someone there but not picked up by the microphones.

The guy is clearly losing it though, glad he won't be president because otherwise Peronism would blame him for the coming catastrophe.
There is another video where the presenter says there were people talking behind the cameras.

Lol@all the "bUt BiDeN" cope in here.

This guy is a lunatic. Bonafide lunatic who thinks he communicated with his dog via medium and said people should be able to sell their children on the open market, and/or human organs.

Guy always seemed like a weirdo.. with his austin powers haircut and whatnot.. whatever though, I don't care at all about Argentinian politics.

Guy always seemed like a weirdo.. with his austin powers haircut and whatnot.. whatever though, I don't care at all about Argentinian politics.

Well you kinda should. What wrecked their economy was taking a loan from the IMF (which was a decision made by one of their leaders from the political right), guess who runs the IMF

Back