Farc gives up after 5 decades of war.

Good news. Columbia looks to be progressing.

Great news.

A few decades late, but great news nevertheless.

That's interesting. I wonder how well that's going to hold up. It reminds me of when they said they would stop kidnapping for ransom and they continued with that regardless. I've always thought of FARC as a loose collection of individuals with some structure rather than one single organization that commands everyone else.

LOLOLOLOLOO

They should move over to Venezuela, or even Brazil maybe.

Waiting for IDL to explain how this is all part of the globalist agenda...

Good for them. It shows how negotiations. even with terrorists and guerilla fighters, is a viable path to peace and how you don't have to exterminate every last one of them. Here's a bit from the article I found interesting
“This is the first negotiation that has dealt with the root of the problem that has led these guerrilla groups to emerge in the first place,” said Gonzalo Sánchez, director of Colombia’s Centre for Historical Memory.

“Other negotiations aimed to resolve the problem of weapons and not the social problems of the people,” he said.

The first point tackled by negotiators in the peace talks was the sharp inequality and lack of development in Colombia’s rural areas, one of the banners of the Farc when it first began to take shape as a group of peasant leaders demanding social justice in the mid 1960s.
Terrorist organizations often form as a result of social grievances building up and not being addressed properly. Addressing these underlying issues helps in diffusing the support for the guerilla groups.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back