Farmers Walks my brothers

Daewoo

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Brothers I start farmer walk in my training. 2 month ago. I see a great increase in my physical and in my strength. I exercise everyday to maintain a positive mental attitude. I recent to these and great results. Any of my strong brothers use this? Or any similar movement suggest to try? God bless my brothers

Love carries.
Handles, bells, bags, bars , yoke. If it's heavy, just move it somewhere else and you're working out.
My brother. Appreciate replies. Any ones you like better? I use KB for carry. Sometime offset weight just cause I'm poor. But I feel it benefit

Dan John speaks of “loaded carries” extensively.
Thanks my brother. This is incredible post to me. I look him up. Great advice. Good stuff brother. Do you KB snatch? I am liking dual snatch recently. Hoping for benefit

My brother. Appreciate replies. Any ones you like better? I use KB for carry. Sometime offset weight just cause I'm poor. But I feel it benefit
Hulkamainia is live in the S&C!

KB for uneven. Sometimes one in rack and other in suitcase, sometimes one overhead and other at side.

Bag Carries at so many variations , overhead, on the shoulder, in front hold.

Dumbells same as kettlebells but sometimes they feel better on wrist and I'll use these instead after 85lbs overhead.

Yoke and trapbar carries can get really heavy. 3x body weight or more. They sap you and take some extra recovery. Great workout but it drains the rest of the session after moving such weight.

Thanks my brother. This is incredible post to me. I look him up. Great advice. Good stuff brother. Do you KB snatch? I am liking dual snatch recently. Hoping for benefit
I used to do kb snatches. I’ve gone away from kettlebells recently, but as I talked about in another thread, Dan John’s armor building complex which is double kbs 2 cleans 1 press and 3 front squats was the best strength and conditioning I’ve ever done for grappling. For some reason I’ve been getting hurt from kettlebells, otherwise they are awesome. And so is Dan John’s work, even his barbell stuff has worked great for me

Hulkamainia is live in the S&C!

KB for uneven. Sometimes one in rack and other in suitcase, sometimes one overhead and other at side.

Bag Carries at so many variations , overhead, on the shoulder, in front hold.

Dumbells same as kettlebells but sometimes they feel better on wrist and I'll use these instead after 85lbs overhead.

Yoke and trapbar carries can get really heavy. 3x body weight or more. They sap you and take some extra recovery. Great workout but it drains the rest of the session after moving such weight.
Brother this is what I'm talk about. Great insight you get it. I like to do mix of BB KB BW and some strongman stuffs. Any thought to on cardio? I like incline walk but will farmer walk be sufficient I don't want to lose my girth

Brother this is what I'm talk about. Great insight you get it. I like to do mix of BB KB BW and some strongman stuffs. Any thought to on cardio? I like incline walk but will farmer walk be sufficient I don't want to lose my girth
I wouldn't expect much of a cardio benefit from farmer's walks.

I wouldn't expect much of a cardio benefit from farmer's walks.
My Brother this is good to know. Any suggestion on a cardio to keep strength and athletic not waste time. I appreciate your inputs brother

My Brother this is good to know. Any suggestion on a cardio to keep strength and athletic not waste time. I appreciate your inputs brother
What are you training for?

Just to be in shape. I was amateur may Thai in my younger days. Now early 30s just look to stay sex beast my brother. I have row treadmill and air dune in my home. Most i use treadmill honest
In that case, do whatever you enjoy. Cardio is a very broad term. Maybe LISS once per week will suffice.

Brothers I start farmer walk in my training. 2 month ago. I see a great increase in my physical and in my strength. I exercise everyday to maintain a positive mental attitude. I recent to these and great results. Any of my strong brothers use this? Or any similar movement suggest to try? God bless my brothers
I’ve done these for years ,usually with buckets filled with rocks weights etc…..

I do very heavy one hand partial and static lifts standing using garbage cans or any other platform if not in a gym to semi lower sternum level high or so . In the spring/summer I have a 800 pound quad I bring up in the woods on a trail and push it in park until exhaustion on hard dirt which creates resistance which makes the entire body work so anything you can do that’s compound movements will make you stronger , strict lifting with perfect form is good but you get stronger when muscles work together , farmers walks work the entire arm and traps with the legs .

I’ve done these for years ,usually with buckets filled with rocks weights etc…..

I do very heavy one hand partial and static lifts standing using garbage cans or any other platform if not in a gym to semi lower sternum level high or so . In the spring/summer I have a 800 pound quad I bring up in the woods on a trail and push it in park until exhaustion on hard dirt which creates resistance which makes the entire body work so anything you can do that’s compound movements will make you stronger , strict lifting with perfect form is good but you get stronger when muscles work together , farmers walks work the entire arm and traps with the legs .
Brother I appreciate this. I have to agree with you my forearm trap and lateral shoulder display from farmer walk is large. Also the core

Brother I appreciate this. I have to agree with you my forearm trap and lateral shoulder display from farmer walk is large. Also the core
A lot of power comes from the forearm that reinforces the hand and small bone attachments along with the wrist . I don’t know what you do but I’ve competed in just about everything except strong man competitions I’m more geared for boxing , grappling , mma and was an multiple arm wrestling champion so grip and tendon strength is really essential if you want to exceed at anything it’s a huge advantage . Farmers walks can really strengthen the fingers as well which is very important bc they are very small and are usually the weakest point bring the smallest bones .

Last edited:
A lot of power comes from the forearm that reinforces the hand and small bone attachments along with the wrist . I don’t know what you do but I’ve competed in just about everything except strong man competitions I’m more geared for boxing , grappling , mma and was an multiple arm wrestling champion so grip and tendon strength is really essential if you want to exceed at anything it’s a huge advantage . Farmers walks can really strengthen the fingers as well which is very important bc they are very small and are usually the weakest point bring the smallest bones .
Interesting. So for grip strength you essentially recommend to hold on to something very heavy without movement for as long as you can?

Interesting. So for grip strength you essentially recommend to hold on to something very heavy without movement for as long as you can?
Yea you can create thicker grips using tape or foam , I cut some foam tubing in half and place them over bar bells as well , two or 3 inch grips are harder to hold and works the fingers better .

Here’s a pic of me and the only pic I have right now of any thing I use I do sets with this with elbow placed in one spot and go as far down with touching the surface then hold it I still until it drops to the padding this has a 3 inch grip that spins so it’s very hard to control . I do have video of this I actually partially cracked the top of the garbage can it’s what I’m using , my brother wants to kill me sometimes . Lol But basically just standing and holding any heavy object will work .

Attachments

• 7837739E-0365-485A-B371-12551A7C4E39.jpeg
    7837739E-0365-485A-B371-12551A7C4E39.jpeg
    456 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Back