Fast and the Furious animated show coming to Netflix (WTF?!)

G

Guestx

Seriously, is ANYBODY asking for this?

Even as a long-time fan of the franchise, I can see that it's starting to get worn out and the last thing I can imagine anyone wanting is an animated spin-off.

With eight feature releases and a couple of short films, the Fast and Furious franchise has worked its way into the public consciousness. When you think about it, though, while the films are rated PG-13, the core concept is pretty kid-friendly: fast cars and one-liners abound. It doesn't hurt that it's also the sixth-highest-grossing film series of all time. That's probably why Netflix and DreamWorks are bringing the concept to the small screen as an animated series.

The collaboration is part of a five-year relationship that has already brought 14 animated kids and family programming to Netfix based on DreamWorks properties, like Guillermo del Toro's DreamWorks Trollhunters, DreamWorks Spirit Riding Free (there's a naming convention here) and All Hail King Julien. There are an additional four planned series coming this year, as well.

The new Fast & Furious animated series will revolve around Tony Toretto, a teen who follows in the footsteps of his cousin Dom (played by Vin Diesel in the movies). Tony is recruited by a government agency to infiltrate an elite racing league bent on world domination, which sounds about as plausible as anything in the live-action flicks. "We are thrilled to take our fantastic partnership with DreamWorks Animation to the next level with new opportunities from the vast library of Universal Pictures," said Netflix's VP of Kids and Family, Melissa Cobb in a statement. "The Fast & Furious franchise is a global phenomenon beloved by audiences of all ages, and we can't wait to get started on the new animated series that will capture the action, heart, humor and global appeal of the feature films."

c3c.gif

FUCK YEAH

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

YOU NEVER HAD YOUR CAR

If tobacco companies can't market their toxic product to children, how the fuck can Netflix get away with exposing my kids to Vin Diesel?

200.gif

Maybe if the animation is good.

Absolute bottom of the barrel show. Does not even make sense to car people.

It makes everyone in the car scene look like a complete retard. Admittedly there are many of those in the scene; but some people actually know what they are doing and upgrade cars in a tasteful manner.

I mean...my first reaction is lulwut? But..if you just read the description, it's pretty obviously aimed at a younger audience.
"The new Fast & Furious animated series will revolve around Tony Toretto, a teen who follows in the footsteps of his cousin Dom (played by Vin Diesel in the movies). Tony is recruited by a government agency to infiltrate an elite racing league bent on world domination, which sounds about as plausible as anything in the live-action flicks. "We are thrilled to take our fantastic partnership with DreamWorks Animation to the next level with new opportunities from the vast library of Universal Pictures," said Netflix's VP of Kids and Family,"

Honestly, it's actually a good idea. Cars racing, doing crazy stunts..it probably would make for a good cartoon.

Fast X: Toretto vs Jason vs Freddie in Space is cheaper to produce as a cartoon so I can see the reasoning behind this move.

fuck yeah, i hope they never stop doing these movies and get crazier every single time

also in a cartoon that midget ass looking mofo of Diesel doesnt have to use women's lift boots

I mean...my first reaction is lulwut? But..if you just read the description, it's pretty obviously aimed at a younger audience.
"The new Fast & Furious animated series will revolve around Tony Toretto, a teen who follows in the footsteps of his cousin Dom (played by Vin Diesel in the movies). Tony is recruited by a government agency to infiltrate an elite racing league bent on world domination, which sounds about as plausible as anything in the live-action flicks. "We are thrilled to take our fantastic partnership with DreamWorks Animation to the next level with new opportunities from the vast library of Universal Pictures," said Netflix's VP of Kids and Family,"

Honestly, it's actually a good idea. Cars racing, doing crazy stunts..it probably would make for a good cartoon.

Sounds like it would encourage kids to be shitty drivers, like it did Paul Walker.

Always wondered, what's the appeal?

Well when the series first started the whole world of import racing was totally foreign to me. I didn't know anything about it. I guess I was about 19-years-old at the time and the world that first film opened up for the viewer was fascinating to me.

So as they kept making movies I kept going to see them. I still haven't skipped one in the theater. But admittedly, my interest in the series has waned as time has gone on. The whole thing has just gotten more and more ridiculous and the series has strayed quite far away from where it started. If you go back and watch that first movie it's really pretty grounded in terms of believability.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well when the series first started the whole world of import racing was totally foreign to me. I didn't know anything about it. I guess I was about 19-years-old at the time and the world that first film opened up for the viewer was fascinating to me.

So as they kept making movies I kept going to see them. I still haven't skipped on in the theater. But admittedly, my interest in the series has waned as time has gone on. The whole thing has just gotten more and more ridiculous and the series has strayed quite far away from where it started. If you go back and watch that first movie it's really pretty grounded in terms of believability.
Went from import racing to global spy film

Next thing you know, its going to be sci fi on other planets and universes

Back