Fast Handed & Intelligent fighters

jm0b

Puncher of Holes
@Blue
Reaction score
I'm looking for names of fighters, any discipline, who are fast handed but don't resort to punching in flurries as their main way of attack.

I'm nearly always faster than my opponent but I tend to flurry because of that and I can get timed by guys better than me. This is a composure thing but I'm looking to watch some tape and see how fighters who know they're faster deal with their opponents. Also I'd prefer to look at more aggressively minded fighters but all suggestions welcome.

A couple of names that pop to my head are -
Floyd Mayweather
Canelo Alvarez
Roy Jones
James Toney at bigger weights

I'm looking for names of fighters, any discipline, who are fast handed but don't resort to punching in flurries as their main way of attack.

I'm nearly always faster than my opponent but I tend to flurry because of that and I can get timed by guys better than me. This is a composure thing but I'm looking to watch some tape and see how fighters who know they're faster deal with their opponents. Also I'd prefer to look at more aggressively minded fighters but all suggestions welcome.

A couple of names that pop to my head are -
Floyd Mayweather
Canelo Alvarez
Roy Jones
James Toney at bigger weights

Forrest Griffin.
Roy Jones really respected his hands.

Naseem Hamed. He relied on that one punch knockout. You cant get closer to what you are looking for.

Fast hands are great but fast feet are better. All those guys listed have outstanding footwork. As you noticed, timing is greater than hand speed. But a few more I'd add to the fast hands list are Amir Khan, Lomachenko, and Guillermo Rigondeaux. Two of them are southpaws, so that may not be helpful, but watch how much they use they feet to set up their attacks. Amir Khan is pretty effin' fast.

Back