Favorite Bruce Springsteen song?

Fadetoblack918

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Wayyyy too many hits to even bother with a poll. If you could only pick one, what would it be? Im caught between Dancing in the dark and Tougher than the rest. The Rising is great too

My favourite is Brilliant Disguise. Besides being a great, very Bruce sounding song musically, I love the lyrics, especially that twist at the end.

Jungleland and/or New York City Serenade.

Good man for the shout-out for Tougher Than The Rest, @Fadetoblack918 , Tunnel Of Love doesn't get nearly enough.... well, love.

His solo piano performance of Walk Like A Man is what got me playing keyboard in the first place.

Mine is probably 'No Surrender.' Great driving jam.

Man, it took me a long time to come around on Springsteen but what did it was hearing other people play his songs. So many goods ones.

I'm Going Down
Ghost of Tom Joad
Highway Patrolman

Here he is covering INXS when he was on tour in Australia a few years back

I was a latecomer to Bruce too. This side of the pond he's not someone I grew up hearing.

And the horniest song ever written.

Still one of my favorite artists. He has a lot of great songs that I love, Streets of Philadelphia, The River, I'm on Fire, Born to Run, Badlands etc...but I lived in a small town till I was 10 so My Hometown has something special that always speaks to me.

Springsteen often talked about how much he liked the band Suicide.

Here's Alan Vega from Suicide

I've always been partial to Candy's Room and the majority of Darkness On The Edge of Town. That album has such a dark and sinister undertone permeating throughout and one of the finest written records I've ever heard. Bruce is a legend and in my opinion of the best storytellers in all of music

Back