favorite drills

RECKLESS-RUBEN

BLACKOUT FIGHT GEAR
@White
Reaction score
whats your favorite striking drill?

Im orthodox and mine is 1,2, (5)left body, and rear round to the leg or body

I like footwork drills. When I drill combos I try to stick to very basic ones combined with a footwork and body head level change.

Fav combo on a bag is blind jabs moving to the right body right left cross to the head.

Fav drill on a bag is attacking on angle to the right with 1-1-2 ( contacting only at the 2), duck and move to the right to level centrally to the bag. Jab duck jab. Escaping on angle to the left while moving backwards with a 1-1-2 or some defensive movement such as pary a jab block a 2-3 and counter with 2-3. Then repeat all starting from the right angle and escaping to the left.

I love full defence rounds. Just letting people wail away at me whilst I work my defence. The sharper my defence, the better I can counter.

I like drills to initiate the clinch, when I was less experienced and was doing clinching alone, but didn't know how to initiate it. Its like being good at perfecting triangles, but you don't know how to set it up and lead to it, it will end up being a problem.

These days I'm working alot on cutting off the ring and closing distance, so I work those alot. I still do alot of clinch work, its one of my stronger suits.

I love full defence rounds. Just letting people wail away at me whilst I work my defence. The sharper my defence, the better I can counter.
This

Back