Favorite John Wayne movies?

John Wayne is a hero of mine.

I love his Westerns, but my favorites are The Quiet Man, Donovan's Reef, and The Wings of Eagles.

His movies are far from PC, and that's why I love them.

Stagecoach for me, liked Red River and Rio Bravo a lot too

The Searchers has some really dumb scenes in it otherwise it would be the best, as it is it's still a really good movie

Only movie I've seen of his was Rio Bravo and that film was so ahead of its time, Great film

John Wayne is a hero of mine.

I love his Westerns, but my favorites are The Quiet Man, Donovan's Reef, and The Wings of Eagles.

His movies are far from PC, and that's why I love them.
PC wasn't a thing back then

Youre kidding right? Writers, actors, directors were banned because of politics or suspicion of not being pro american enough
Look at what I responded to. He's not talking about the same thing

The Duke is my dad's favourite actor, so I got to watch a lot of his movies as a kid.
My favourites were probably The Quiet Man and Stagecoach.

Thanks for this thread TS

I've watched The Man who Shot Liberty Valance - I thought it was alright

But then I saw The Shootist and I thought that was great.

Right now I'm watching the sons of some lady I forget her name.

The searchers is next for me to watch but would love some more recommendations.

Rio Bravo I heard was really good too

Thanks for this thread TS

I've watched The Man who Shot Liberty Valance - I thought it was alright

But then I saw The Shootist and I thought that was great.

Right now I'm watching the sons of some lady I forget her name.

The searchers is next for me to watch but would love some more recommendations.

Rio Bravo I heard was really good too
Rio Bravo is real good.
Sons of Katy Elder
El Dorado
The Alamo

You'll go down a rabbit hole. His entire filmography is worth watching. I need to get around to watching his non westers like Quiet Man and the war movies he did. Still haven't seen those.

When I was growing up, John Wayne movies were always on TV. I would watch them, but he was really pre-Boomer and Boomer culture. Looking back now, most of his stuff didn't hold up that well, but some of it is ok for what it is. The story about why he walked the way he did was pretty funny. He just basically figured out a weird way to walk in order to look different, and people liked it because people are mostly 'tards. He looks like he walks with a stick up his ass, imo. It's kind of funny how phony the old culture and media was, in retrospect. Movies now aren't that great now, but at least the production value is high, and the stories aren't as transparently stupid, etc.

I'm watching that right now

I found a 3 pk of John Wayne films for $5
(Liberty Valance, Shootist, Elder)

Now I got the itch for more. Searchers is on the menu tomorrow. True grit and rio bravo are next
Nice

People are haters all of his movies are good just easy to watch fun movies. I enjoy them.

My mistake Red River is next. Apparently it's the first time he's a bad guy. Should be fun.

I'm watching that right now

I found a 3 pk of John Wayne films for $5
(Liberty Valance, Shootist, Elder)

Now I got the itch for more. Searchers is on the menu tomorrow. True grit and rio bravo are next

I think The Searchers is back in "serious Wayne" era but by the late 50's and stuff like Rio Bravo really the films are deliberately camp fun, depends on whether you can enjoy them as that or not.

Tall in the Saddle
Rio Bravo
She Wore a Yellow Ribbon
Quiet Man
True Grit

Back