Favorite non firearm Home defense weapon

peregrine

Kahuna Dog
@Brown
Reaction score
what are your guys favorite home defense weapons that are non firearms?

my favorite is my 32" machete

looks similar to this one.
http://www.knife-depot.com/knife-15295.html

the edge side is great for neutralizing any threats and the non edge side can be used effectivelly if nonlethal force is the default.

My 60 pound Pitbull, my 100 pound Dogo, and my 55 pound Boxer.

After that it's whatever's handy.

A samurai sword or something of this basic design. It's fairly safe to keep around the house if you have children and such (compared to a gun). With a blunt object, they person can always try to bum rush you and take it but thats not a very good idea for them with a sword.

loud ass Dachshund to alert, a silent-stalking Doberman to attack, and a short samurai sword to poke at their eyes and gut...

...but the.357 Ruger and .40/.357 Sig make me feel safer...

camillus knife. almost exactly like a kbar that marines use.

I got a catalog of authentic medieval weapons. There is a really sweet mace, or morning star, that i want to get. Its basically a short stick with a round metal ball on the end with spikes on it. Bad ass.

peregrine said:
what are your guys favorite home defense weapons that are non firearms?

my favorite is my 32" machete

looks similar to this one.
http://www.knife-depot.com/knife-15295.html

the edge side is great for neutralizing any threats and the non edge side can be used effectivelly if nonlethal force is the default.

Hate to be a ball buster but any crook carrying a gun would put three in your chest before you ever get your machete out of its sheeth.

Deadking said:
My 60 pound Pitbull, my 100 pound Dogo, and my 55 pound Boxer.

After that it's whatever's handy.

Besides a gun a big dog would be the only other thing Id consider protection.

GA coonass said:
Besides a gun a big dog would be the only other thing Id consider protection.

Yup...dogs to wake you up, and the gun to surprise the intruder as he comes down the hallway...if the barking doesn't scare him off first...

My bare hands, fuled by an incredible amount of testosterone

The cops surveyed a sample of repeat Break and Enter offenders and 99.9999999% of them said that a decent sized dog (i.e. German Sheppard, rottie etc.) is the #1 deterrent for B&E prevention.

Sonny said:
The cops surveyed a sample of repeat Break and Enter offenders and 99.9999999% of them said that a decent sized dog (i.e. German Sheppard, rottie etc.) is the #1 deterrent for B&E prevention.

Makes sense. Name a person you know who wants to fight a dog. Then name one who wants to fight a dog and their owner whose been awaken by you, a robber, in the middle of the night. Better still, name someone who wants to fight a dog while thier awoken owner summons the police.

Mass Oyama could probably take out a dog alive in his prime. He did kill bulls with one punch.

Back