Favorite Pride Shockwave Fight?

if by 'beating the shite out of' you mean 'getting another unjust decision in his favour' (showing again why his nick at the time was 'Decision Dan'....) yes that was a good fight.

edit: lol I didn't even read the other guy bringing up the whole Decision Dan thing before I typed this out.

this dude is talking about the fight from the 03 GP and not Shockwave. What a n00b

this dude is talking about the fight from the 03 GP and not Shockwave. What a n00b

i'd forgotten about the 1st fight but the reason that one ended so quickly is because of a headbutt (or 'clash of heads' if you prefer) anyway

This fight wasn't at Shockwave dimwit.

lol, learn to fuckin read before posting
Relax tough internet guy. This just so happened to be the fight I was thinking about when I made my post earlier. No need to get your panties in a bunch cus of a misunderstanding. So go ahead and pull your panties out cus it sounds like they are way bunched up

if by 'beating the shite out of' you mean 'getting another unjust decision in his favour' (showing again why his nick at the time was 'Decision Dan'....) yes that was a good fight.

edit: lol I didn't even read the other guy bringing up the whole Decision Dan thing before I typed this out.
My mistake , I was thinking of the wrong bout when I made that post

My mistake , I was thinking of the wrong bout when I made that post

dude the fight you linked literally has the event name in it. You made two posts to try n hammer your point about the fight when you literally can’t read.

I’m ok being internet tough guy, at least I can read.

Off top of my head

206296.jpg
my heart skipped a bit when I saw this pic...

good ol'days where warriors would fight anyone without having an agenda.

Wanderlei vs Hunt
Gomi vs Jens
Fedor vs Big Nog
Kawajiri vs Melendez (maybe the best fight on any shockwave event)
Forgot Gomi vs Pulver was a nye fight, good but depressing since I was really pulling for Jens.

With it being New Years it got me thinking of the great Shockwave cards Pride used to put on during NYE. (With the exception of the first Shockwave in 02 which was during August and was promoted with K1)

Stacked cards! Great scaps!

What is your favorite fight of the bunch?

Happy New Years guys! I hope 2022 is better than the past couple of years! Cheers.
Silva vs Yoshida 1

I was a big Jens fan myself. The end of his career was very hard to watch.

not tryin to be a dick or anything, but was anyone not a big Jens fan? I think Jens was universally well liked in the MMA community no?

not tryin to be a dick or anything, but was anyone not a big Jens fan? I think Jens was universally well liked in the MMA community no?

He was, but I’m sure you’ll remember he got a ton of shit after losing to Joe Lauzon, and then being the coach of TUF that Lauzon was a member. That of course lead to the loss to BJ.

He’s well liked in retrospect, but at the time he received a fair amount of shit (some of it was very fair criticism)

Back